Blue&Me Playlists

Currently reading:
Blue&Me Playlists

lukes123

Hi

Whatever I try and do, I cannot get playlists to work with Blue&Me. I have tried the following:

• Using iTunes Playlists with AAC
  • Using WMP Playlists with AAC
  • Using iTunes Playlists with MP3
  • Using WMP Playlists with MP3

It sees the playlists but then when I go to play, it just says "EMPTY PLAYLIST".

I have an HTC Desire which just shows up as a Flash Drive.

All the songs play fine, but it would be nice to be able to play the ones I have picked up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I have the same issue. I have an ipod classic with 4 playlists, when I check playlists via blue & me it says there are none.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Juggers2k,

I have a Sony USB stick MP3 player, I created a playlist using the music on it (I had to initialy save the playlist to my desktop then copy it on to the MP3 player as the software won't save it direct to the MP3 player) and Blue&Me is now registering the playlist:) if I select it though it says 'bad playlist':bang:

Am I doing someting wrong? Thanks in advance,
(I also have an old iPod classic, not sure how I'd add playlists to that?)

If you're making the playlist in a different location, check the playlist doesn't include the full path to the files in their original location (e.g. c:\my documents\music ).
Playlists are plain text so you can open them in notepad to check

Hi Juggers2k,

Thanks for the tip, I've checked and it has the full file location from my pc. do I need to delete this line or edit it to something else?

Thanks

You can take out the path information completely so long as the playlist is in the same folder as the mp3 files it is refencing.
The playlist files don't need to be grouped together for B&M to find them - they can be left in the same folders as their respective mp3 files.

This is an example of one of the playlists on mine:
Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:265,Playing In The Shadows - 1 - Skies Don't Lie
01 - Skies Don't Lie.mp3
#EXTINF:204,Playing In The Shadows - 2 - Stay Awake
02 - Stay Awake.mp3
#EXTINF:192,Playing In The Shadows - 3 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me
03 - Changed The Way You Kiss Me.mp3
#EXTINF:268,Playing In The Shadows - 4 - The Way
04 - The Way.mp3
#EXTINF:306,Playing In The Shadows - 5 - Natural Disaster (Laidback Luke vs. Example)
05 - Natural Disaster (Laidback Luke vs. Example).mp3
#EXTINF:234,Playing In The Shadows - 6 - Never Had A Day
06 - Never Had A Day.mp3
#EXTINF:256,Playing In The Shadows - 7 - Microphone
07 - Microphone.mp3
#EXTINF:279,Playing In The Shadows - 8 - Playing In The Shadows
08 - Playing In The Shadows.mp3
#EXTINF:240,Playing In The Shadows - 9 - Midnight Run
09 - Midnight Run.mp3
#EXTINF:295,Playing In The Shadows - 10 - Under The Influence
10 - Under The Influence.mp3
#EXTINF:191,Playing In The Shadows - 11 - Wrong In The Head
11 - Wrong In The Head.mp3
#EXTINF:212,Playing In The Shadows - 12 - Anything
12 - Anything.mp3
#EXTINF:224,Playing In The Shadows - 13 - Lying To Yourself (bonus track)
13 - Lying To Yourself (bonus track).mp3

If you want the playlists to be in a different folder to the mp3s themselves, you need to use relative paths.
If you use the program I linked further up, in Settings > Playlist Details under "Saving playlist entries" choose the "Relative" option.

Last edited:
Hi Juggers2k, Thanks for all the help so far.(y)

I still can't get it to work(n)

I am using the software above, I also have save as 'relative'.

My mp3 player has a music file, within that file there are several folders of artists names, all the music is saved in the repective folder. This is just a quick test playlist I put together with a couple of random songs and it still says 'bad playlist'. (I have tried to save it in the music file or the 'storage media' folder, same result on both)

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:256,22-20S - 1 - Devil In Me
01_Devil_In_Me[1].wma
#EXTINF:212,Stop The Rock - 1 - Stop The Rock (Apollo 440 Original Mix)
01_Stop_The_Rock_(Apollo_440_Original_Mix)[1].mp3

Would this work better if all the music files were just in 1 folder rather than several arranged by artist?

Hi Juggers2k, Thanks for all the help so far.(y)

I still can't get it to work(n)

I am using the software above, I also have save as 'relative'.

My mp3 player has a music file, within that file there are several folders of artists names, all the music is saved in the repective folder. This is just a quick test playlist I put together with a couple of random songs and it still says 'bad playlist'. (I have tried to save it in the music file or the 'storage media' folder, same result on both)

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:256,22-20S - 1 - Devil In Me
01_Devil_In_Me[1].wma
#EXTINF:212,Stop The Rock - 1 - Stop The Rock (Apollo 440 Original Mix)
01_Stop_The_Rock_(Apollo_440_Original_Mix)[1].mp3

Would this work better if all the music files were just in 1 folder rather than several arranged by artist?
Aha, I had this issue when I added a couple of additional albums to my USB stick recently. All the other ones on the stick were fine, but the new albums gave bad playlist.
It seems B&M hadn't realised there was new data so hadn't cached the new playlists - you could select them in the menus but they wouldn't work.

Simplest fix is to plug in a different USB stick that has a few tracks on it.
Play a few of them from playlist and B&M will regenerate its media library.

Then put your original source back and try again - it should again regenerate the media library and find the new data.

I tried that, still no joy though :(

I also tried putting all my music into 1 folder (rather than by artist) and setting a playlist up for that, guess what - 'bad playlist'

:bang: :bang: :bang:

This is why i hate digital media. There are too many different formats, too many different systems and none of them work together

If it makes any difference, I have all my mp3s in separate folders for each album, in the root of the USB drive.
I just use "artist name - album name" as a naming convention for the folders.

I thought I'd forget MP3 players and go for just a simple usb stick.

I added the files to the usb stick using windows media player I then used the software above to make a playlist. (which I could save direct to the usb stick this time)

still bad playlist

I thought I'd forget MP3 players and go for just a simple usb stick.

I added the files to the usb stick using windows media player I then used the software above to make a playlist. (which I could save direct to the usb stick this time)

still bad playlist

Ok, silly question time.
Why are you transferring files using Windows Media Player?
Why not just view the USB stick as a drive and drag and drop the files you want onto it?

Ignoring playlists for a minute, are you actually able to play the tracks via B&M, using any of the other options?

In my own silly way I thought If I transfer things using Windows media player they should all be compatible with Blue&me.

The files on there do play so I know there is no issues there its just getting Blue&me to allow me to put them in a playlist

Back