Technical blue&me menu gone!

Currently reading:
Technical blue&me menu gone!

when i try to use the menu button the car just shouts "SEARCHING FOR CONNECTION" and doesnt show any of the menu, and it wont play the media player either. ive tried the battery off for a few minutes and putting it back on but that didnt work, and even though the car has now been switched off and locked for an hour, ive just noticed my iphone is paired to it with an active connection!

any ideas or help?

Just a query... is it possible to get a software update off the internet?

I find it to be a clunky pile of c***. I find that mine only works when it wants to - not just with my current phone but with 3 or 4 different ones.

I found it worked better in my MiTo with the newer and nicer dash display screen but it still wasn't anything special and not exactly cutting edge or worth talking about. At the moment it's not worth using as the person on the other end can hardly hear me and the connection sounds so grainy. The systems used my other car manufacturers or decent aftermarket HU's seem much better.

I can't believe Fiat advertise this system or use it in the first place, it's rubbish!

Last edited:
until last night I had no complaints about it other than message reader not working on smartphones.
you can update B&M online, you download a zip file onto your PCM and load specific files onto a blank USB drive and install Following the instructions from the zip file.
I'm now running 5.6 and a few things have changed in the menu and its also lost the message reader and works a bit slower too.

Just a query... is it possible to get a software update off the internet?

I find it to be a clunky pile of c***. I find that mine only works when it wants to - not just with my current phone but with 3 or 4 different ones.

I found it worked better in my MiTo with the newer and nicer dash display screen but it still wasn't anything special and not exactly cutting edge or worth talking about. At the moment it's not worth using as the person on the other end can hardly hear me and the connection sounds so grainy. The systems used my other car manufacturers or decent aftermarket HU's seem much better.

I can't believe Fiat advertise this system or use it in the first place, it's rubbish!

Yes, I had a Punto Evo before my Bravo and it worked well in that. It was so temperamental in my Bravo I've changed the headunit for a Sony and the difference in sound quality is quite amazing. It also plays music from my phone through bluetooth which is nice.

Back