Blue&Me : force a database rebuild thing?

Currently reading:
Blue&Me : force a database rebuild thing?

charliestyr

Hi Everyone,

Would just like a quick answer (if possible!).

I just added a new album to my iPod, and for the life of me it isn't showing up when I browse through artists (or albums) with Blue&Me.... Now, I know when I first used this iPod with the car it constantly was 'building the media library' or whatever, so, I presume it needs to do that again to list the new albums...

Is there a way of forcing the car to do this or will I just have to wait for it to do it randomly?

Hoping to listen to the new albums on the way to work tomorrow so any help would be GREATLY appreciate!! :worship:

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Charlie -

Hi Everyone,

Would just like a quick answer (if possible!).

I just added a new album to my iPod, and for the life of me it isn't showing up when I browse through artists (or albums) with Blue&Me.... Now, I know when I first used this iPod with the car it constantly was 'building the media library' or whatever, so, I presume it needs to do that again to list the new albums...

Is there a way of forcing the car to do this or will I just have to wait for it to do it randomly?

Hoping to listen to the new albums on the way to work tomorrow so any help would be GREATLY appreciate!! :worship:

Thanks a lot everyone :)

Charlie -

I know what you mean by the re-building of libraries. I encounter this every so often when the car doesn't want to read 1 song. Simply pulling it out and back in doesn't work.

The way i found to solve such problem is by putting like 10 songs on another simple usb key, plugging that in, letting it start to play a song from that USB, unplug, then plug in the original usb or your ipod in this case.

So basically, use another source. Then try original source. It will realise that the device you plug back in is the same one you used before you updated it, so i think it doesn't bother re-building any libraries.

This works for me 100% of the time when i have problems when it comes to problems with the usb.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Back