Technical blue cable and yellow cable steering column sensors interchangeable?

Currently reading:
Technical blue cable and yellow cable steering column sensors interchangeable?

tried fitting whole steering column with pas motor, pas ecu and blue color column sensor cable to same year punto which was originally fitted with yellow color cable steering column sensor and pas didnt work which is quite interesting cuz pas motor works normally when its put back in blue cable steering column car

didnt try taking yellow cable pas motor and put it in blue cable steering column tho

i wonder is there any way around this?

i dont think few more bolts equal to 800 eur as is new steering column

and looking at that link it doesnt look that complicated

The shaft is too big. You have to be able to reduce the size on a lathe and mill the slot using the intructions on the link provided by jte.

Sol13Pic07.jpg

Last edited:
tried fitting whole steering column with pas motor, pas ecu and blue color column sensor cable to same year punto which was originally fitted with yellow color cable steering column sensor and pas didnt work which is quite interesting cuz pas motor works normally when its put back in blue cable steering column car

didnt try taking yellow cable pas motor and put it in blue cable steering column tho

i wonder is there any way around this?

it appears i was wrong or didnt use same pas motor, who knows, but i have just put in whole blue sensor cable column with pas motor+ecu and pas works normally, so we have come to the final conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------

blue cable steering column sensor will work instead of originally fitted yellow cable sensor if you change whole steering column with ecu and pas motor

combinations of the two wont work you need to have everything from the same car, i.e blue cable pas ecu and yellow cable pas motor, yellow cable sensor- blue cable pas...

Back