500 blue and me module numbers

Currently reading:
500 blue and me module numbers

Tricky7

Hi Everyone

I have a 2014 Fiat 500s with the dreaded blue and me problem, had it Poxy aligned and it needs a new module.

Been looking on here at varies threads but not 100% sure on the answers,

I guess my questions is do the part numbers need to be the same if i buy a second hand unit???

have been told 1) You have to buy a new one, 2) can use 2nd hand module but the part numbers must be the same, 3) seen a video of someone swapping one with different numbers and it working, so not really sure which way to go without costing loads.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I answered this on my youtube channel I think. No, you don't need the same numbers. There were only two types in the 500. As long as you get one from around the same age it will work. To be honest, they will probably both work. There are absolutely no compatibility problems. I have changed loads of these. I just buy the cheapest one available. Don't get one from a Punto, make sure it's from a 500, not any old Fiat.

For the price of a second hand blue and me unit you could get a brand new aftermarket head unit that is way better incorporating everything you'll need?

I might go down this route as my b&m is knackered, can anyone recommend a make / model of head unit that’s suitable and around the same price bracket as a second hand b&m unit? Thanks

I might go down this route as my b&m is knackered, can anyone recommend a make / model of head unit that’s suitable and around the same price bracket as a second hand b&m unit? Thanks

IMG_4964.JPGYes, one of these for £89. Also available as a DAB version. Uses your phone as the screen. You will need steering control module and ISO connector too and a single din converter plate.

Back