General Blue and Me after headunit change

Currently reading:
General Blue and Me after headunit change

ryand123

I am going to be buying a new head unit in the near future.

I'm just wondering if I will lose the use of Blue & me/Phone connectivity if I change the headunit to an after market unit? if not I will not have to buy one with phone connectivity!

Also will I be able to use the steering wheel controls with the new unit?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Eklipze3k

No strings on me
Staff member
Blue and me won't work, whether or not the steering controls work will depend on what headunit you buy - some allow that functionality, but you do have to buy a separate wiring harness to plumb it all in and - even then - only some of the controls will work.

OP
OP
R

ryand123

Blue and me won't work, whether or not the steering controls work will depend on what headunit you buy - some allow that functionality, but you do have to buy a separate wiring harness to plumb it all in and - even then - only some of the controls will work.

Thank you for the help!

Urbas

Head unit change is not a problem for B&M. You just have to wire it to the AUX input on new head unit. Am I correct?

I have a new SAT NAV unit and B&M is working fine. When windows button is pressed I hear the beep, also radar alarm application is sending voice to the B&M when phone is connected over Bluetooth to the B&M - also it has priority over SAT NAV somehow which is great.

But for phone calls I never tryed it on SAT NAV but it shouldn't be a problem. B&M is just pne separate unit or computer which is only using car radio system for sound input, so it's not a problem.