Technical Bloody ducato strikes again

Currently reading:
Technical Bloody ducato strikes again

Nickyboy123

Iam stuck people I have a 2018 ducato minibus the reverse lights stay on until you remove a 7.5amp fuse in the underbonnet fuse box once put back the vehicles perfect reverse lights operate normally for 3 or 4 times then there back on.the reverse switch is fine.being a minibus before it's returned to service it has to function 100%.I have even disconnected the reversing buzzer no change.the vehicle has had water damage.have checked the underbonnet relays etc along with the fuses that are situated inside .all the rear lamp connections are good any ideas?

Is it likely a relay contact is sticking, even assuming it uses a relay on reversing light circuit on that model?
When you say it has had "water damage" , do you mean as in flood and if so how deep?
Generally after flood damage insurance companies tend to write the vehicle off as the water corrodes all the wiring joints and anything else it can get too, it may work for a while, but the damage continues.:(

Iam stuck people I have a 2018 ducato minibus the reverse lights stay on until you remove a 7.5amp fuse in the underbonnet fuse box once put back the vehicles perfect reverse lights operate normally for 3 or 4 times then there back on.the reverse switch is fine.being a minibus before it's returned to service it has to function 100%.I have even disconnected the reversing buzzer no change.the vehicle has had water damage.have checked the underbonnet relays etc along with the fuses that are situated inside .all the rear lamp connections are good any ideas?
I have changed my reverse gear switch on top of gearbox several times, I suffers from the rain water dripping onto it from scuttle, it sounds to me something that would stick on due to corrosion?

I have changed my reverse gear switch on top of gearbox several times, I suffers from the rain water dripping onto it from scuttle, it sounds to me something that would stick on due to corrosion?
Found the issue in the the end the ecu has been drowned.ran out of ideas opened the ecu and you could actually see the water inside surprised it actually ran due to the amount of moisture inside

Our driver has been told.got to be honest tho the ducatos we have are the most unreliable vehicles we have.got 3 with delivery milage stuck in dealers with steering angle sensor faults the 10yr old Mercedes with 800 000 miles still good to go

Our driver has been told.got to be honest tho the ducatos we have are the most unreliable vehicles we have.got 3 with delivery milage stuck in dealers with steering angle sensor faults the 10yr old Mercedes with 800 000 miles still good to go
My most reliable vehicles and easy to work on were pre ECU Iveco Daily 2.8s though eventually the body's rusted off the chassis's, you can see why most got exported, bit like Nissan Cabstars etc.:(

My most reliable vehicles and easy to work on were pre ECU Iveco Daily 2.8s though eventually the body's rusted off the chassis's, you can see why most got exported, bit like Nissan Cabstars etc.:(
Arrr now your talking the iveco 2.8 great engine bullet proof had a old 4910 speclift proberley went down every motorway in the uk with it

Back