Technical blocked vacuum hose

Currently reading:
Technical blocked vacuum hose

dagdromer

I was cleaning the throttle body and for that I took of the airbox. On the airbox there is a breather pipe coming from the valve cover but there is also a smaller pipe that comes from the inlet manifold and T's into the airbox.
That smaller hose seemed blocked so I took it of and cleaned it out with brake cleaner. The hose self was not blocked but it looks like the connection on the inlet manifold is. Looking into inlet after removing the throttle body I see an indent in the plastic roughly at the same location as where the pipe is connected. I gently tried to unblock it using a small prime but it seems rather stuck. I do not want to break something but I can't imagine that this hose has no function and that this a blind hole.

Does anybody know if this connection needs to be open?

The hole is probably at 90 degrees to the inlet. Worth removing throttle body and cleaning from inside . Gently with large piece of lint free cloth. Be gentle as MAP sensor is in the bottom. I find cleaning improves mpg and performance significantly. Dont drop throttle body screws!!

Back