Technical Bleeding the Clutch leakage from rubber nipple cover

Currently reading:
Technical Bleeding the Clutch leakage from rubber nipple cover

MARTIN1968

I have recently had a new clutch fitted to my 2006 Doblo 1.9 jtd. Bleeding the clutch as I am sure you are all aware is done by lifting the clip on the slave cylinder and pulling out the pipe slightly, the fluid is released via the small nipple to the top of the cylinder. My issue has been that once done the pipe is pushed back in as far as it will go and the clip is closed securing the pipe in place. I then cover the nipple with the small rubber cover. For some reason there must be a build up of fluid behind this rubber cover which eventually pushes it off and the clutch peddle looses much or all of its resistance and getting the car in to gear is only possible by pumping the clutch pedal a few times. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and why does clutch fluid continue to leak from the nipple when I assume it should be pressure tight.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Martin

I have recently had a new clutch fitted to my 2006 Doblo 1.9 jtd. Bleeding the clutch as I am sure you are all aware is done by lifting the clip on the slave cylinder and pulling out the pipe slightly, the fluid is released via the small nipple to the top of the cylinder. My issue has been that once done the pipe is pushed back in as far as it will go and the clip is closed securing the pipe in place. I then cover the nipple with the small rubber cover. For some reason there must be a build up of fluid behind this rubber cover which eventually pushes it off and the clutch peddle looses much or all of its resistance and getting the car in to gear is only possible by pumping the clutch pedal a few times. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong and why does clutch fluid continue to leak from the nipple when I assume it should be pressure tight.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Martin
I am assuming there are two different slaves types used, on the 55 plate I had the slave was metal with a screw in hose tightened with a spanner, but was bled at the little nipple that you also tightened and loosened with a spanner.
If yours is the other version I am guessing that by removing the clip and sliding the pipe out slightly allows fluid /air to escape via the bleed nipple and then when bled the pipe is pushed in and the clip replaced? If that is the case it would suggest the O ring seal on end of pipe is faulty.
When I changed the gearbox on mine I undid the two bolts holding the clutch slave cylinder so didn't have to disturb the hydraulics.

Hi

Thank you for the reply. It would make sense that the issue is the O ring. Does anyone know whether these O rings can be replaced and if so what size would I need. If O ring replacement is not possible could anyone tell me the part number for a replacement clutch hose.

Regards

Martin

Back