Technical bleed valve

Currently reading:
Technical bleed valve

Ryan m

i have a bleed valve which i want to put in my stilo. But sum1 told me a while ago i couldnt...does anyone know if i can? and also what is the best mods to a stilo to push up the bhp? thanks

Ryan m said:
i have a bleed valve which i want to put in my stilo. But sum1 told me a while ago i couldnt...does anyone know if i can? and also what is the best mods to a stilo to push up the bhp? thanks

Can you be a little clearer regarding the bleed valve ? are you referring to the braking system Ryan m,
And it all depends on which stilo you have [engine size]and the amount of money you are prepared to spend :eek: general things like a good quality exhaust system/GSR induction kit will give you an increase in BHP and the guys in Greece fit turbos on their stilos which will set you back a few thousand Euros so there are possibilities as I said its down to money :) Oh and of course with the JTD and 2.4 engined Abath a remap is the first port of call.

Last edited:
the 115 bhp jtd stilos run a vnt turbo so you are right in thinking you cannot bleed the pressure off using a standard bleed valve i have been looking into this for some time now and have found some info on an american site on bleeding a vnt but its for a chrysler soo if you wanna try it do it at yer own risk

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_vnt_bleed.html

little becky said:
the 115 bhp jtd stilos run a vnt turbo so you are right in thinking you cannot bleed the pressure off using a standard bleed valve i have been looking into this for some time now and have found some info on an american site on bleeding a vnt but its for a chrysler soo if you wanna try it do it at yer own risk

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_vnt_bleed.html

hi thanks for the help,but it isnt a standard bleed valve.it is a turbo smart one.why cant it be done?its for a jtd,

:thum
PNL said:
Can you be a little clearer regarding the bleed valve ? are you referring to the braking system Ryan m,
And it all depends on which stilo you have [engine size]and the amount of money you are prepared to spend :eek: general things like a good quality exhaust system/GSR induction kit will give you an increase in BHP and the guys in Greece fit turbos on their stilos which will set you back a few thousand Euros so there are possibilities as I said its down to money :) Oh and of course with the JTD and 2.4 engined Abath a remap is the first port of call.

hi, it is a turbo smart bleed valve for a 1.9 jtd,i heard that a bleed valve is good for rasein up the bhp?i have a full exhaust system,induction kit,dasteck unichip,and an intercooler,my car has been remaped to 140 bhp.im wanting to push it up abit more tho.but their isnt much else to do i dont think?thanks

So wot have you had it Rolling Road at? I would ditch the dastek chip! You can get a proper remap to a 155bhp! Also what induction kit you got, if its a k&n, pipercross, green or a universal jobbie? These wont do nothing for you and will more than likely zap power wen the engine is hot - sorry but thet are just cheap! a full exhaust system wont give you much either - i take it your talking cat back? Is it a custom jobbie? To get an decent power from an exhaust you need to go manifold, sportcat all the way back!

www.mrhoot.com is where i found out i could'nt do it if you visit the site and go into the forum it says somewhere in there he tried a boost controller and blew the turbo on his alfa jtd good site for tdi info i have found

Back