Technical Bleed Valve/ Waste Gate

Currently reading:
Technical Bleed Valve/ Waste Gate

Hi all, i have gotten myself a new Bravo multi Jet 2.0 and was wondering where the Turbo waste gate is?
i wish to install a GFB Bleed valve between the turbo and the waste gate to get abit more boost pressure.
any help would be great
many thanks

Last edited:
single_turbo.jpg

its that pipe im after, ive had a quick look and cant locate it :confused:

It,s not that simple, thease engines have electronically controlled wastegates.. through a intermediate electronic valve controlled by the ECU. itțs basically installed on the hose between the boost source an the waestegate.
If you try to install a bleed valve you would most certainly get trouble codes related to boost spikes... that could throw the engine in limp mode.
I know you only want a bit more, but the fact that you had to ask where the weastegate is says you could not locate it under the bonnet as he bit hanging on to the turbo that is hanging on to the exhaust...that says you are not that familiar with turbo cars.

My thoughts: leave it alone, or get a proper remap.
In a remap they will rewrite the ecu maps to allow for more close time in the wastegate so they can add more diesel.. so you can make more power.

ive had a quick glance under the bonnet, but without taking off all the plastic i couldn't see much, so was just after some general advice as to its location.

Back