Blank Monitor

Currently reading:
Blank Monitor

Well weve got a Brand new hp with a monitor and the monitor drivers arent installed. Now one person decided he wants to up the pixels to what it said on the front of the monitor and pressed enter instead of waiting 30 seconds for a reset.

The monitor is now blank, its still blank on startup and i cant figure out how to fix this issue.

ANyone got any ideas of how to change the screen res with no way of seeing what ur doing?

Ty

j

Do you have a choice between on-board graphics and a separate graphics card?

If so, pull the graphics card, plug the monitor into the on-board graphics and boot up. Windows will default to a low resolution when it detects that it's on a lower spec graphics chip. Your monitor should then be able to display. Change your resolution to what you want then power down again. Plug the graphics card back in and all should be ok.

me "You can't do that because of GPO"

user "what's that mean?"

me "GPO stands for God's Personal Opinion. In this case I am God and my Personal Opinion of you is that you can't do that"

:devil:

Yeah I love being a sys admin :devil:.

Great thing about my job is im a sys admin on no less than 10 networks :D. Can act like an arse and people still have to nice :) :slayer:

12,000 victims... i mean users :D

hehehehe :worship:

What do you find are the worst victims to deal with?. I find teachers very annoying. They have been to university so you'd expect them to be intellegant people. Unfortunatly at least 80% of the ones I've met are a bit dumb and lack the most common sense.

Got a call once saying her projector wasn't working. The long and shot of it was the cleaner turned it off at the wall to plug her henry in....

Last edited:
Don't see many teachers in the company I work for...

I would have said the French but they've been rather accomodating recently. The Americans are rather hard to work with as they'll almost always stab you in the back. South Africans are very honest with is nice, Italians too - but they're so laid back getting work done can be hard ;)

I had a memorable trip to the London office for 2 incidents thanks to 'wonderful' users :bang:

1) Part of the block had lost connection for their dumb terminals
The cause was someone putting up a display had removed a cable and not turned the switch to terminate the line - don't you just love blissfully ignorant folk and IBM coaxial connections ? (n)

2) Snotty secretary (it was in the mayfair area) insisted her IBM dumb terminal was playing music, to be specific 'congratulations' !!!
The cause was the innards from a ruddy birthday card in her drawer under the terminal :bang::eek:

Still I got a day out with free lunch on the company (yep they coughed up train fare etc for a poor impovorished IT erk).

Trev

Heh I remember being called out twice to fix a broken SmartBoard - on both occasions the teacher had unplugged the board from the mains to use a cd player and then wondered why it wouldn't work!

Hence the call reference ID10T!

hehehehe :worship:

What do you find are the worst victims to deal with?. I find teachers very annoying. They have been to university so you'd expect them to be intellegant people. Unfortunatly at least 80% of the ones I've met are a bit dumb and lack the most common sense.

Got a call once saying her projector wasn't working. The long and shot of it was the cleaner turned it off at the wall to plug her henry in....
Im training to be a teacher (don't kill me just yet!!!!) and last semester we had an IT course...Lecturer was useless, students had no hope, I ended up teaching the leacturer from the back of the classroom :ROFLMAO:

Heh I remember being called out twice to fix a broken SmartBoard - on both occasions the teacher had unplugged the board from the mains to use a cd player and then wondered why it wouldn't work!

Hence the call reference ID10T!

:ROFLMAO:, yes I deal with quite a few smart boards. Must be the old ones cause the modern USB models are powered from the USB port :).

Back