IMG_09761.JPG

Grande Punto Black GPS MJT Please rate / comment

Introduction

Not sure how it compares..but without a doubt the quickest car i've owned including a supercharged Corrado G60.

The pull must be fantastic, because my Civic never ran out of steam it just kept pulling up the steepest of hills and got up too silly top speeds and still wanted more.;)

Its properly fast....but Civics have the edge on build quality and handling....can't change build quality but will be sorting out handling soon and fancy heading to Nurburgring to test it :D

Thats something my son wanted to do when i had the civic but i would have had to upgrade the brakes, the springs and got another set of tyres.

It was fine for everyday use but to take it round a track I would have killed myself without the proper upgrades.
I already put a kevlar clutch in to handle the extra torque and also had to replace the DMF which was a total of £1600 fitted, so it was not cheap.

Thats something my son wanted to do when i had the civic but i would have had to upgrade the brakes, the springs and got another set of tyres.

It was fine for everyday use but to take it round a track I would have killed myself without the proper upgrades.
I already put a kevlar clutch in to handle the extra torque and also had to replace the DMF which was a total of £1600 fitted, so it was not cheap.

Looking at Eibach Sportline springs very soon and the Forge subframe brace will stiffen the whole thing up...leaving brakes standard due to cost but they can take it TBH.Gearbox has been rebuilt with new bearings and had new clutch + main bearing so should be fine.Whats a DMF:confused:

DMF = dual mass flywheel

GPS has one aswell, mine started to go on my GPS when it had the red dot remap. Clutch slip and vibrations, though many others have been fine!

Blew my turbo and split hoses after remap so i had the power turned down.Not convinced that the car can take the huge gains people are making and looking to keep it for some time so i want to play it safe:eek:

Few updates: Abarth lights fitted finally;:eek: changed wheels to Abarth upgade, fitted front component speakers and cupra splitter.Next on the list: a good machine polish, lowering, amp+sub fitting and front suspension bushes doing.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0147.JPG
    IMG_0147.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0146.JPG
    IMG_0146.JPG