General BL****y Taxis

Currently reading:
General BL****y Taxis

ayrshiredude

Was heading out earlier this evening when a taxi screamed round the corner (about 300 yds) and smacked into me. He obviously tried to avoid me as he caught my rear drivers side corner with his passenger side. The rear windscreen shattered along with a few other things. It looks pretty mangled. Any ideas how serious this is likely to be to repair.

Attachments

• P1170064 (Large).JPG
    P1170064 (Large).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 90
  • P1170065 (Large).JPG
    P1170065 (Large).JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Is there some sort of national conspiracy against GP's at the mo? They are dropping like flies all over the place......

sorry to see that mate, its the worst type of accident, when you are just minding your own business and someone smacks into you, theres nothing anyone can do to guard against other peoples stupidity!

Did the cab have any fares in it? lol

Any whiplash sort of injuries to you or any passengers, bloody cabs are a menace.

sorry to see that mate, its the worst type of accident, when you are just minding your own business and someone smacks into you, theres nothing anyone can do to guard against other peoples stupidity!

yeh i agree. I feel bad for you mate, id be absolutly gutted if it were my car

dont forget the whiplash - the c*nts deserve every blow to there insurance they get. consider it compensation for your inconvienience.

my gf had a taxi drive straight into the back of her standing vehicle at 30mph (or probly more knowing taxis) last year cos he was on the fone. did i mention we went on holiday to florida last year? :cool:

best. holiday. ever. 'nuff said.

Was heading out earlier this evening when a taxi screamed round the corner (about 300 yds) and smacked into me. He obviously tried to avoid me as he caught my rear drivers side corner with his passenger side. The rear windscreen shattered along with a few other things. It looks pretty mangled. Any ideas how serious this is likely to be to repair.

I agree with you about taxis. I had one overtake me in Oxford many years ago while I was indicating right and made a U-turn. I was driving a minivan, it was raining hard and I didn't see him until it was too late. He hit me in the off-side rear corner and spun the car around.

Unfortunately it was impossible to get any money out of his insurance company. Taxis all used to insure with "Westminster Insurance" or something similar and it was like trying to get blood out of a stone. I paid for the repair myself. I hope you will be more successful.

It's a lot of damage for not doing anything. I would have gone completely mental. Hmmmmmm going to be dodgy about insurance. If you were here it would have been an imigrant with no insurance. You got it all booked in and sorted? Courtesy car? At least it wasn't worse

That's crap, sorry to see that.

Did you call police, get him arrested for dangerous driving?

Let us know how it develops. :eek:

Back