General Bike Racks

Currently reading:
General Bike Racks

I've only ever carried bikes on the roof of the Panda ... and amusing they must have looked too. Why?

Well most of the time I used to carry two tandem cycles attached vertically on the roof, using the Fiat roof bars and tandem carriers. On ocassions I also carried a solo bicycle mounted between the tandems.

It is a five seater (or at least has seat belts for 5), so why not 5 bicycle seats too? Cost: about 8 miles per gallon less and 10 miles per hour reduction in 'comfortable' cruising speed! Inside the Panda there were four of us with all our camping gear too.

Martin

(y) I bought a bike carrier for two bicycles that fits onto a swan neck tow ball in Germany the Dutch have a similar idea and it comes complete the tail lights etc.(y)
I've only ever carried bikes on the roof of the Panda ... and amusing they must have looked too. Why?

Well most of the time I used to carry two tandem cycles attached vertically on the roof, using the Fiat roof bars and tandem carriers. On ocassions I also carried a solo bicycle mounted between the tandems.

It is a five seater (or at least has seat belts for 5), so why not 5 bicycle seats too? Cost: about 8 miles per gallon less and 10 miles per hour reduction in 'comfortable' cruising speed! Inside the Panda there were four of us with all our camping gear too.

Martin

Have to admit i parked up in the entrance to a field last week when i went cycling, this is in my 2wd but i went in nose first slowly and the wheels slowly started spinning. Reversed out slowly and realised that the wheels had sunk into the mud a good 6 inches, was very impressed that it just pulled out with no complaining and no spinning. Could be my elite driving skills though ;)

No doubt i could have actually got properly into the field entrance if i had knobly tyres rather than road tyres

Aran you really should have bid on those Alloys... they're nice!!! (y)

all i have to do now is sort out that grill... needs trimming at the bottom back... it's hitting the plastic grill mounts.

Attachments

• alloys.jpg
    alloys.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 22
That's the first time I've seen your selecta :cool: very nice Tony.

cheers, it's enough to sate my Panda addition for a while...
but here's the boys together... although the Selecta has a sticker with a largish refueling aircraft called 'Lusty Lindsy' on the drivers anti-glare flap thingy.

Attachments

• danni_n_arnie.jpg
    danni_n_arnie.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 18
cheers, it's enough to sate my Panda addition for a while...
but here's the boys together... although the Selecta has a sticker with a largish refueling aircraft called 'Lusty Lindsy' on the drivers anti-glare flap thingy.

wooo they do actually look brilliant !!!
well done, and no point to fiat geeks bidding on the same thing..
think i might get my steel powder coated next week.
they do white alot there so its cheaper :)

they look good tony..(y)

aran.

dark metallic grey = anthracite or however its spelt? Looks great on sportier cars, not sure it'll suit the panda though.

No worries about going of topic, not got the money for a rack at the moment anyway

Back