General Big thanks

Currently reading:
General Big thanks

paul331

Hi would like to say thanks for your advice over my situation with the lost key.. right the next thing i would like to no is.....this bloody red key situation ive just sat and read over 8 pages of questions and answers (Wooooo my heads a shed) in my last thread i was informed that i needed the immo box to go with the new ecu & blue key well to cut the story short the guy that sold me the parts has scrapped the car now so no longer has the immo box...so ive put everything back how it was and now im runing useing the red key!!!

1..Right will useing the red key constantly hurt anythig? ive read that it resetts the ecu each time its used.... is this a bad thing?

2..ive read that timpsons will cut me a blue key from the red one.. but will that only clone the red one. which then in reality i have 2 red even tho one apears to look blue?

yes i know your probly sick of this question it seems that most people have had the same problem from one time to another but even reading 8 bloody pages of Q&A my two questions wasnt really answerd......cheers:cry:

ok i understand that... so in the 8 pages of q&a somone gave 2 codes to have your keys cut to am i able to walk into timsons and ask them to code a key to a sertern code?:worship:

1. it wont hurt anything, it may erase the existing blue key codes, but thats not a problem in this case.

2. yes you would have 2 red keys. the colour of the plastic is meaningless, it is the code that matters.

you need to find a friend or family member who owns a code1 fiat, that includes bravo brava marea, cinq and mk1 punto. you need 2 of their keys, these 2 keys must have different codes to each other so cant be 2 copies of the same key.

go to timpsons and tell the man to make 2 copies of your red key, but code them using the 2 keys you have borrowed. now you have 2 blue keys, unique to each other and the red key. you can use your red key to teach the car these 2 new blue keys (many previous threads tell you the programming procedure its very easy and takes 1 min).

the programming wont work with 1 blue key, you must have 2 unique blue keys .

Last edited:
Back