Panda (Classic) Better than a Panda-Seat Marbella "Fun"

Currently reading:
Panda (Classic) Better than a Panda-Seat Marbella "Fun"

missives

Hi,

Saying hello as a newbie, but hopefully not cheating.

I used the forum a lot through owning not one but two Stilos which made them last a lot longer than I expected but now I don't actually own a Fiat (technically).
Instead I have an Alfa (156) and a Seat Marbella.
So two "re-badged" Fiats kinda.
As I bought the Seat through the forum I don't think any rules broken either, and I wouldnt have dared going down the Alfa route without knowledge/confidence gained from the forum.

Anyway wondering now if anyone can help, I'm after a headlamp unit for the Seat, really all I need is the glass lens for the driver's side. Not an easy part to locate. Atm looks like I'll have to invert either the car or the tester to get throgh MoT. Any help greatly appreciated.

If nothing else maybe I'll have to Panda-ise it!!!

Cheers

Welcome,

There should be some available as few member done the conversion to panda front look, just give some time.

Are your headlamps LHD?

Ideally put a wanted add ( right side of page)
Any pictures of the bella?

Last edited:
those of you that dont know.. this is our old marbella! :D
sad to hear it needs a headlamp.. what happened?

you can stick in panda headlamps to get it through an MOT we had to do this when i was looking for some. it looks a little like an old ford though when you do it..

stripes and a badge helps!

i think it would be a shame to panda it.. it looked damn good.. best looking car i have had.

Last edited:
Thanks for that.
In no particular order:-
Stroud
RHD - Left Hand Traffic.
I've bought 2 replacement headlamps because last MoT got stick for "no beam pattern" and was easy enough to get from Europe, I'll swap lens over on passenger side. Didn't at first realise I had put on a right hand traffic one in drivers.
Glass fell out one morning, vandalism suspected as a few weeks later all 4 tyres slashed, did I say all 4? In fact all 5 as 1 week previously 1 slashed, though I hadn't worked that out yet so was replaced with spare and... I wasn't the only one quite a few cars done, police were great "had a word" but not possible to catch in the act, been all quiet since. Prompted me to spruce up the wheels for new rubbers at least. I'll try and get a picture on
Thanks for panda/MoT tip. Daughters gone to Uni so havent needed to get sorted but as weather improves I miss the fun of driving him.
Don't worry Dragon Man all well and envy of all who see but especially who drive. Even those white stripes have grown on me, kind of.
I'll try a wanted ad, again thanks.
In an ebaymoment also I got some old Lancia 13" alloys I might try putting on but I think I'd need to do some carving/sculpting of sideskirts first, maybe I'll try a wanted for those too in case it goes badly.
Finally, still starting on the button every time (jinx!) even after sitting out back over winter.
Cheers

yeah it is a damn good car and i know i keep saying it but i really miss it. even though my brother drove it more.

yeah some pictures would be great :) i'll let my brother see them too.

that 903cc engine has another 250k miles left in it which i am sure it would do easy.

sorry to hear about the vandals. i know the car is no stranger to it as the previous keeper when i had it said that it got targeted a few times mirrors and the lights!
you cant have anything nice and different these days :(

Glos Stroud. struggling to get out tho w/o mot. Now seems no easier to get Panda headlights!

Yay another local! :D I am also near Stroud.

Also sorry to hear you're having trouble with vandals. So depressing when it happens.

I might be able to help with headlight but I'm nervous to give away a spare for mine as I race and sometimes it gets broken :eek:

I would recommend finding a Panda headlight for now as previously mentioned...I also did this to get through an MOT! :slayer:...

Photo1967.jpg

Hi Pandamonius,
Sorry not always on to reply.
Yeah in Nailsworth, car now vandalproof in back garden-here's hoping!
Don't worry re headlight I'll keep looking. Any suggestions tho for Panda ones, don't seem any easier to locate?
PS Pls don't show my daughter your Panda, well not til test passed anyway

Hi Pandamonius,
Sorry not always on to reply.
Yeah in Nailsworth, car now vandalproof in back garden-here's hoping!
Don't worry re headlight I'll keep looking. Any suggestions tho for Panda ones, don't seem any easier to locate?
PS Pls don't show my daughter your Panda, well not til test passed anyway

No probs. It is the thing with Pandas..they stand out so any punk with attitude :eek: spots them a mile off. Anyway, hopefully nice and safe in the garden. Hope you've got some Bamboo for it to graze on... :devil:

Which Panda should I not show? I have 4 :D

Back