Technical Better lights ?

Currently reading:
Technical Better lights ?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
All I'll say with that pack is if you do go for it, make sure you message the guy first and ask if he'll send you 4 501 sidelight bulbs. The Stilo has 2 sidelight bulbs in each cluster which a lot of ebay sellers don't realise, and in the listing it states that there's 6 bulbs included, 2xH7, 2xH1 & 2x501. If you message them and tell them they've got the listing wrong they'll proabaly tell you they'll give you the 4 sidelight bulbs anyway.

I've got halfords extra brightness bulbs in and they're pretty good.

autobulbsdirect.co.uk sorted me out with all the front bulbs, thats 4xH1 2xH7 and 4x501 for £25. theyre the ice blue varient and rated at 6400k, so theyre pretty much like xenons. they are also fully e marked (road legal), very blue and very very clear driving.

I went for the Philips Xtreme H7 +80% bulbs and a 2 sets of Philips Visionplus +50% for the fogs and main beams. The light is a crisp white and i'm quite happy with the output.

6400 Kelvin? I don't remeber much from when I was working as a lighting tech in theatre, but if memory serves, colour temp of 6400 is pretty fookin white!

Might be ordering some of those little bad boys!

What was the brand/line of those lamps?

you'll love them clarky, theyre so clear, and you'll be amazed at how the pick up distant detail and the reflective signage.

theyre made by a company called autobulbs direct, however buy them from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-STILO-02...ryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) but contact the seller to adjust the set to cover all the stilo bulbs. and yes, at 6400k they are a faint blue.

especially not at £15 odd a bulb!

lol, the super brilliance bulbs are buy one get one free ;)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks Chris :) [Won't stick my blue lights on at you if I'm ever on the beat around in dorest lol ;o ^_^]

One more thing whats difference for H1 and H7 o_O

H1 one is your main/high beam whereas the H7 bulb is your dipped/driving beam.

the H1 bulb is also used in your foglights

I got some Philips BlueVision in mine and they are good bulbs bt not as blue as i was expectin :( . i got some cheaper blue tinted bulbs in the main beams and they a better blue but nt as brighter output.

I got some of these lamps from (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-STILO-02-...QQcmdZViewItem) :) about 5 months ago and have found a marked improvement in lighting so much clearer and white.
As mentioned before, Email them and tell them you need 4 side light bulbs, they sent me the extra 2 at no extra cost.( nice people !)
I found it very difficult to install new bulbs in both the headlamp units, it seems like you need to be a contortionist or start removing bits from the engine bay to get at them with ease, especialy on the battery side!
(Stilo 1.9 jtd 115 Dynamic 2003)

I bought some of these xenon bulbs from autobulbsdirect but they were terrible(n) . They were bright to look at and bright on full beam but for driving at night i couldnt see a thing, maybe i just got a dodgy pack but i found my stock bulbs were brighter :( .

Was pain to get in -.- got main lights in, one side light is in the case :LOL: other one doesn work and still need to get 2 h1's for the fog lights, should be getting 501x4 and h1x2 for the fogs

Then all blubs changed over. Will get mates dad to just take front bumper off next time. Normal lights etc are so much brighter now :)

I went for the Philips Xtreme H7 +80% bulbs and a 2 sets of Philips Visionplus +50% for the fogs and main beams. The light is a crisp white and i'm quite happy with the output.

My JTD is fitted with factory gas discharge lamps but on dipped beam only. Fitted Philips Xtreme H7 +80% bulbs to my main beam... much better (y)

H1 single connector prong / H7 twin connector prong. My car is wired to take H7's in the main beam... Handbook etc. all say H1 :rolleyes:

Back