Technical best motor oil for a 2002 punto Sporting Mk2

Currently reading:
Technical best motor oil for a 2002 punto Sporting Mk2

speed

Hello all,

What is the best oil for his car ?

Fiat Punto Sporting 1.2 16v Sporting

Always I use Selenia 20k but is hard to find on the market.

Best Regards

Amazon sell it. It's dear but worth it even on a car ot your age. What mileage do you have on the car?
Mike north east England

Well I'd still use the best oil to give best protection on your ageing engine, so it will double its present mileage

Does anyone know what is so special about Selenia?
This is also the recommended oil for 1.2 8V.
Our car has 200 000 km. does not burn oil, 9km/l mixed driving and I use 10W40 semi-synthetic, generally the cheapest I can find including supermarkets for the eleven years we have owned it.

Another "best oil" thread. No such thing as a "best oil" for any car. There are however compatible oils. Stick to what's recommended, 10w40 semi as has been said, & get into the habit of regular oil&filter changes, your engine will benefit from this.

I'm afraid people get sucked in by advertising, it's a huge money making market. No governing body has came forward & stated a particular brand of oil is the best. You will come across the bloke in the pub or a mate who knows better though, he seems to know better than the experts....:D

Seems to be human nature to find the "best" of x.
I was searching online for the best power tool last night before I caught myself. At that point, I had convinced myself to spend £200 when the £50 version would have been good enough for my needs.

Indeed, there seems to be a spin on everything these days. As an old git the age of innocence & choices was more or less a simple situation. Back in the day it was either Castrol GTX or Duckhams engine oil. I choose the later for two reasons, GTX was rumoured to use reconstituted old oil, but Duckhams was that nice green colour & it smelt lovely. Ah the age of innocence....:D

Does anyone know what is so special about Selenia?
This is also the recommended oil for 1.2 8V.
Our car has 200 000 km. does not burn oil, 9km/l mixed driving and I use 10W40 semi-synthetic, generally the cheapest I can find including supermarkets for the eleven years we have owned it.

9km/l from a 1.2 8v? Something is wrong with your car.. I can't even get mine that low on a track-day...!

Hello people.Sorry for hijacking.
I have a fiat bravo 1.2 2001 model with 270000 km.Oil change is coming and i m thinking of using 5-40 oil.Is it compatible with my engine or i am going to have any problem.I just want to go full synthetic.

What have you been using? Stick to that. Just remember, no such thing as 100% fully synthetic, it starts life as all the other oils. The best thing you can do to your engine is change regularly and use a quality filter.

Mostly 10-40.I m really rigorous on maintenance.but why stick on 10-40 when 5-40 is so much better?

Why do think that 5/40 is so much better?

Well full synthetic vs semi,better on 16 valves.
I m not trying to make a debate seriously.I just want to know if 5-40 its going to harm my engine and if yes how.

Back