Best insurance for a 17 year old

Currently reading:
Best insurance for a 17 year old

If you like driving fast dont even consider a black box just had my insurance cancelled cause of driving to fast

Lucky it was only your insurance and not your licence taken away from you! Slow down, there is no excuse for regular excess speed. Just leave earlier.

My daughter has fully comp insurance on a Classic Panda 1000CL @17, new driver, for £1300 with no restrictions and I can use it for work if necessary. I thought that was quite good considering that a friend of hers has a 1.2 corsa worth £300 and the insurance want £4000 with a box and they are 9 months older than my daughter.

If you like driving fast dont even consider a black box just had my insurance cancelled cause of driving to fast and now its 3500 to get back on the road but when im 19 its 2500 without a box which is a grand more than i wouldve been paying with the years no claims i wouldve had so pissed off with myself

Learn to drive properly before you try driving fast, You've not had your licence long and there is a reason why the insurance company withdraw the cover.

My daughter has fully comp insurance on a Classic Panda 1000CL @17, new driver, for £1300 with no restrictions and I can use it for work if necessary. I thought that was quite good considering that a friend of hers has a 1.2 corsa worth £300 and the insurance want £4000 with a box and they are 9 months older than my daughter.

My first year on my own insurance on a Selecta back in 2007/2008 was £1280 fully comp, so not bad going at all IMO considering people keep thinking its always going up in price.

Now very happy with £330 for the year for a top spec and rather powerful (in comparison) Bravo :)

Apparently, insurance costs are coming down!!

Probably such a small drop that nobody has noticed!

My first year was £1200 on a 1.2 W-plate 5-door Punto. My 3rd (and last with the Punto) year was down to about £800
I think my current insurance is about £630 on a 1.8 Focus (if anyone on here asks...it's the little known Fiat Focus that looks just like its Ford cousin...honest). The Punto would have been £680 to insure (had I kept it). This was including 1 at fault accident...but it was also my first new policy after my 25th birthday.

And Benyboy - the skill to driving fast is knowing when to drive slow (shamelessly stolen quote from another forum...I think)

Well, I'm 18 and I pay £100 a month for my insurance (with Mypolicy) on my Punto mk2b 1.2 8v, and that's with a black box...I didn't think this was too bad.

Until after a month in they sent me a letter saying my excess has gone from £450 to £999. Thieving ******

Non was given.
Throughout all of my online quotes and all of the conversations over the phone they said my excess was £450, yet when I got my insurance details through it had been changed to £999. No idea why

Back