General Best bargain?

Currently reading:
General Best bargain?

chris w

Hi, this is my first post even though I have been looking at the site for a while now.

I was just wondering what bargains everyone got when buying their Stilos, I think that I did pretty well with mine. I paid £7200 at a fiat main dealer for a brand new stilo 1.4 active in polar blue, pretty good for a car like this!

I'm pretty lucky that my dad used to work for Magnetti Marelli (owned by fiat) so I get great discounts on fiats and alfas, I was tempted with an arbarth (manual), can get them for £10 200! BARGAIN!

I was also wondering if anyone had the 6 speed gear box, I love my car but hate the gearbox, when cold it is really stiff and crunches into second (My 10 year old rover was much better). When warm its fine though. Has anyone else had problems? My cars done 3000 miles now, I thought it would loosen up by now, Fiat garage say theres nothing wrong.

Cheers.

(y) pretty good..you got it about £1,200 cheaper than jamjar.com are selling it.I managed to get mine £1,800 cheaper than jamjar from a dealer..so sounds about the same bargain discount there as my car was £18,000 at a dealer and i paid £13,200.

Chris..........................

welcome to the forums mate!

Now, I bought mine two years ago, they weren't being discounted as heavily as they are now, I got a 1.6 Sport from Jamjar for £8995 and the list price was £11600, so it was a good saving but I'd bet you can get it cheaper now!

Bought a 53 1.6 Dynamic in September for £5,800 (only 3,500 on the clock) and got a £450 trade in for a knackered N reg Cinquencento S .... Car has been perfect so far reliability wise and the dealer has been excellent (Caledonia Blackpool) ... As good as new!

1.4 5dr new on JJ, currently £8,695.12. I got mine new in March for £7,200 also through mate who works for Fiat.

Brought my stilo which is 53' plate, 1.8, 12k miles, with cream leather interior n few otha extras, for £7500; which i fort was quite cheap! The car is great and dealership not to bad! Fort the new price for these was around £11K, so a bargain at only 6month old for me, when i got it!

Got mine for 5 grand about a year ago, 02 plate. 9K on clock. 1.6 dynamic.

Had and still have some of the problems, but as far as reliability (its now 25K) is concerned no complaints at all.

I bought my 02 80BHP JTD in June with 33k on the clock for £5600 but had to do the 3rd service and change the front discs and pads.

But the clock is now at 42K now!! :)

Back