image.jpg

500 Benni from the Isle of Wight

Introduction

Hi guys went and saw Benni today it was a the dealers just needing service and registering. We collect him on Tuesday. :)
Hope Tuesday is nice and sunny for you on the IoW!

Have you a favorite route you have that you will take the little car on, or will it go straight home?

You have some fantastic locations for a photo shoot....

Ah, good to know. I live in Sandown, but venture out to newport often.. not east cowes so much. The island dealers seem very good, and good choice in car.. i'll certainly recognise the bright blue :D

edit: Intruiged to know, what engine?

Last edited:
Hi Alison - was that you on the Chris Evans show on R2 this morning, saying that you were going to pick up your new 500 today? Either way - I hope it goes well.

Hi yes it was us on R2 I ((Simon) her husband) text in we are both very excited lol you wouldn't think we were almost 40 :) she nearly wet herself on the way to work when he read it out :D

Hi yes it was us on R2 I ((Simon) her husband) text in we are both very excited lol you wouldn't think we were almost 40 :) she nearly wet herself on the way to work when he read it out :D

Hence the name Alison / simon backwards! Things are just as exciting at 40 - our first 500 was my Wife's 1st new car and 40th birthday present.

Good luck with the pick-up and don't forget to post the obligatory pics!

yes its a pop with white covers, multi spoke alloys split rear and blue n me inside thats all the extras. great little car to drive but unfortunately benni is no longer................................. wife decided she would call it bella so he is now a she following last nights sex change lol. im trying to upload photos another way but struggling, the photos are on flickr is there anyway to share via flickr never used it before?

Hi,Just read your posts,
We are also from the IOW and have just ordered a 500 1.2s...! Great looking little car,Only thing is we have to wait for build as Our options not in stk in UK yet!

All the Best
111red

Hi,Just read your posts,
We are also from the IOW and have just ordered a 500 1.2s...! Great looking little car,Only thing is we have to wait for build as Our options not in stk in UK yet!

All the Best
111red

At least you'll know you're getting a new car then, and not one thats potentially been sitting in storage for 2-3 years.

I'm on the Island next week, thought I might pop into Harwoods if time allows, just to see Tango Tim if he's still around. They have been pretty quiet on the forum front since their last Treasure Hunt/Picnic outing and it will be interesting to see if they have any future plans for events.

Back