General Battery totally dead?

Currently reading:
General Battery totally dead?

grollie

My croma 1.9 Multijet 150 is totally dead and keyfob not working. I know there is a key in the fob and is there a manual unlock somwhere so i can get to battery?

From memory, as I have no car now, under the drivers door handle is a key hole. You might find this activates the alarm siren. I think there was a key slot in the door visible below the locking mech as the door opens to switch off the alarm.

My battery failure was caused by water getting in the radiator fan relays just behind the top of the radiator, switching the fan on. Yours may be compatible with Vectra C, but my 2.4 needed one from italy.

Keith

Thanks for reply. I managed to get undertray off and conect leads to engine and alternator+ and then managed to unlock. I will look into that problem. Thanks again.

If you need a new battery, I did some research earlier in the year and fitted a Duracell DA62H Advanced Car Battery Type 027 from Euro Car Parts. 5 year warranty and currently about £68 with "blackfriday" discount code. The battery ahs been fine and appears to be made by Banner who have a good reputation in europe.

Robert G8RPI.

Back