General Battery Lead

Currently reading:
General Battery Lead

gholian

Hi,
Looking for an original negative battery lead for a Fiat uno. I tried ebay but no Uno's being broken at the moment. Anyone braking an Uno out there. Has anyone got a parts catalogue, if I knew the part number I could try the main Dealer.

Thanks.

I might have one of these...

Will need to have a dig around in the shed. :)

It may be better to make up a battery lead from two generic off-the-shelf leads - battery terminal to ring terminal lead, and a second lead with a ring terminal at both ends. One ring terminal of each lead can then be bolted under the battery tray.

The original battery terminals on genuine leads are rather weak (8mm nut rounds off easily and bolt pulls through) and most second-hand ones will be in the same condition by now, which is why I suggest an aftermarket replacement which is likely to have a much stronger brass terminal. Sometimes, reliability beats originality... though one day, a Concours judge presented with the Uno might decide otherwise! :eek:

Please be aware also that forum rules require any post that requests parts to be placed as a Wanted ad instead. https://www.fiatforum.com/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=99

-Alex

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your replys. I bought an off the self lead and I tried to solder it to the section that bolts under the battery tray. things did not go well. Excellent idea alexGS, I can buy a lead with a ring on both sides and one with a battery terminal one side/ ring on the other and bolt under battery. That would look okay.
Thanks.

NaDS
our Uno went on the truck to to scrappers at 5:30pm today
I could have removed the earth lead off it if I had know before..DOH!
Sorry....(n)

Thinking about it I know th eyard it went too
Could always go down there and take it off... BUT would cost me money to do that now
as they gave me £50 cash for the shell . . .

Last edited:
Back