Technical Barchetta Door Mirror Removal

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta Door Mirror Removal

Hi all,

Newbie here, does anyone have a guide on how to remove the Barchetta Door mirrors? Is it an easy/relatively straight forward task?

I need to sort out one of mine as it has quite bad lacquer peel :(

Many thanks,

Sasha

If you have electric mirrors, loosen the concertina rubber fitting in the door to frame. Fish out the correct wire and disconnect at the join. As its difficult to re thread back down after removing the mirror I suggest attaching a something to the bottom of the wire lead to pull it back hopefully this will save taking the door card off.

Hello all,

I'm still a little confused about removing the wing mirror motor cable. Any advice I've attached photos.

Attachments

• IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
  • 19170527-8438-4DD4-B3FE-8A98356565A3.JPG
    19170527-8438-4DD4-B3FE-8A98356565A3.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
You will find connections are inside the door pillar that have to be pulled out. via your rubber concertina joint. Your fingers are in the correct place.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the insight, I've attached a couple of photo it seems the plastic cover is a little tricky to come off but I have taken a couple of screws off so I can peer behind it (as well as taken the red plastic/cover out of the way so I can see behind where the wires feed throughout the body to the door and I STILL cannot find any connecting wires. Am I being silly, I've attached photos and a video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7e2afwk58d172x/IMG_3721 (1).MOV?dl=0

Cheers,

Sasha

Attachments

• Wing mirror interior wire loom 2.jpg
    Wing mirror interior wire loom 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • Wing mirror interior wire loom.jpg
    Wing mirror interior wire loom.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
Hello all,

Thank you for your patience on this. So I've had a further look at and the hidden wires do not seem to head anywhere.

Therefore my final choice is to take the plastic trim that cover the speaker, however without fear of breaking it I see two screws that are easy to take off (which I have already done) but there seems to be a connecting piece by the seat (see pic) with a round plastic top that seems to cover a screw maybe? Does this come off with a flat head screw driver? Or am I mistaken?

Cheers for all your help again.

Sasha

Attachments

• IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3732.jpg
    IMG_3732.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 31
That round top is just a screw head cover. It will easily pry off.

The plastic inner sill trip will lift off upwards. There are little clips on the underside that stop the flat top edge from lifting the door rubber.

You can get this trim off without lifting the door rubber but is more fiddly to put back. Suggest you lift up the door rubber to make things easier.

Back