Technical Barchetta 2002

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta 2002

fiatfeet

I have a Barchetta 2002 and throughout the 11 years i have had it i get the immobiliser light comes up when i turn the ignition key.

After a lot of tapping around the steering wheel or below where the wires are the light normally
goes out. Today , its not going out so the car is dead.

Can anybody help please
Regards Trevor

Hi, I cannot see any reference to the Immobiliser light in the Fiat Barchetta Handbook. Can you tell me - does the immobiliser light appear as one of the lights around the right-hand dashboard 3-section display b3ewhind the steering wheel?? If so, please tell me the icon description and confirm the position. I do have a suggestion but your reply would help me first.

Hi, I cannot see any reference to the Immobiliser light in the Fiat Barchetta Handbook. Can you tell me - does the immobiliser light appear as one of the lights around the right-hand dashboard 3-section display b3ewhind the steering wheel?? If so, please tell me the icon description and confirm the position. I do have a suggestion but your reply would help me first.
Hi The immobiliser light comes up on the main display behind the steering wheel and lights up yellow/orange saying CODE
This remains on when trying to start the car which of course will not start

As this is an intermiitent problem i suspect that the problem is due to a loose connection either in the steering column as the key is inserted, loose wire under the dash or in the door.

Regards
Trevor

Right - I see the icon marked CODE. I was having trouble with my binnacle lights and either / both the rev counter and odometer not working. It took me three attempts to correct the problem and this was what worked -
When you dismantle the binnacle you find the electronics all on a single panel and there are three connecting flat cables of 8 pins each. It was only when I removed the clips and then pulled the strap connectors off the main body that I was able to increase the connector pressure of all 3x8 wires. This was done by "spreading" the three folded cable straps so that when the plastic connectors were refitted tha there was increased pressure across the physical interface. I also re-cleaned for the third time the surfaces of the connectors using a small strip of emery paper.
I hope that all makes sense and wish you luck!
Geoff.

Back