General Backbox

Currently reading:
General Backbox

Hey

MOT in two weeks and need a new backbox for it too pass! I want something with abit more of a sporty sound as apose to the stock one for a cinq.... But don't want too spend much as I am really skint! (this month MOT/Insurance and Student Loan).

So what/where is the best place / cheapest to find a nice sounding backbox that will fit on a cinq sporting?

If you are really serious about keeping costs down then I'd trawl the second hand market for a Supersprint, Magnex or Janspeed - something of that order.

If buying new I think sportex is one of the cheaper ones, which seem to get fair reviews.

It would need the bracket rewelding back on to be safe, very quick job if you know anyone with a welder?

Also the Cinquecento / Seicento supersprints are slightly different so you may have to modify it slightly to fit.

Well, Its being done at a garage anyway... Will it pass an MOT because looks in abit dodgy condition.... Also what you mean mod? I it a hard job got man at garage?

Thanks Jamie...

Also any one know what this exhaust sounds like?

So long as there is no holes or it isnt leaking then it should be ok

Its only surface rust anyway which isnt a real problem, a possible advisory perhaps for in a years time if you buy it

The exhaust isnt overly loud, its probably the closest aftermarket exhaust you can buy that sounds like the standard box

Last edited:
Quiet........Supersprint are amongst the quietest exhaust I know of. Unless you open them up with a four branch manifold and Decat.

Garage man will be ok, as long as he can weld the bracket on for you. Exhaust condition cosmetically not important as long as there are no holes which would be extremely unlikely on a Supersprint.

However beggars cant be choosers and you are at the begging stage just about

Also youd probably have to spend a bit more than £40 for your requirements

Back