Back Wiper /Washer

Currently reading:
Back Wiper /Washer

N

Nicola

Hi,

I'm hoping for some help with two problems I have. I bought a Bravo 1.8 16v 1998 (S) two weeks ago. When I took it from the garage, all of the windows had condensation on inside. The dealer said this was because it had been steam cleaned and it should dry out.

It is still steamed up and now I'm getting ice forming on the inside of my car. Any ideas how I can get rid of this?

and also my back washer used to work and then the next thing I know it's stopped. I checked it and the water comes throught the boot lock. Is this easy to fix or should I take it in to the garage.

Thanks
Nicola

The water coming thru the boot lock means that your hose has become disconnected from the wiper assembly. Happened to me last winter, but its simple enough to put right. Check out the following on the Bravo Guide for instructions:

http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk/fix-a-bravo

As for the condensation, not sure if you have a problem there cos its common enough at this time of year. When its a dry day try driving with the windows down, this might remove some of the moisture from inside the car. Clears my rear and side windows pretty quick! Other than that I dont know.

Hope this helps!

Re: Re: Back Wiper /Washer

Use shaving foam on all the steamed up windows and wipe off clean, you should no longer have condensation build up on your windows, (works for bathroom mirrors too)

Re: Re: Back Wiper /Washer

the condensation problem i had a few weeks ago, it turns out i had left the heaters on the circulate internally instead of suck air from outside (the slide thing under the three heater dials) and everytime i turned on my heaters it steamed up my car and i was always getting condensation. check this

next time your windows steam up get a kitchen towel and whipe dry your windows from the inside and then get a small cloth and some washing up liquid and just gently smere a small ammount of washing up liquid on the windows and rub it in leave it for a few minutes and whipe it all off, this will give the windows a layer of protection meaning moisture can't cling to them (it is an old wives tale) and it works a treat, most bike riders put washing up liquid on there visor to stop the rain from clinging to it.

hope this heps, and congrats on the bravo, a wise purchase :) and i hope you stick around the forum, you will find we are a friendly bunch :)

Re: Re: Re: Back Wiper /Washer

Is there a preferance on what shaving foam? does it have to be gillette or is tescos stuff ok...lol.

This does sound like i am taking the **** but i am actually asking seriously?

Paul

Re: Re: Re: Back Wiper /Washer

Make sure your visors dont fill up with bubbles all you bikers.

Try the pollen filter

Don't know if yours has a pollen filter, but on mine this got waterlogged everytime it rained. The water was going under the plastic cover at the base of the windscreen and dripping onto it. Took days to dry out after rain. Removed it last week (the pollen filter not the windscreen) and I haven't had a problem since. Of course any hayfever sufferes I should give a lift too next summer won't be too chuffed!!!

Thanks

Thanks I will try these ideas.

I believe I still have the heater on internal circulation only. I'll change this and wipe some sort of household toiletries on the glass.lol.

Ta Nicola

FAO: GM

My wiper also makes a ticking noise would this be covered under warranty do you think. Could I possibly get the whole thing fix at the garage?

oops wrong again

OOps .... sorry I looked at this post cos I thought it was a job advert

BACK WIPER/WASHER You scratch my back and ill scratch yours

LOL

Only joking nicola

ticking wiper

if the wiper motor is ticking then its shorting out when the relay kicks in. This will be due to the water leak from the hose connected to the rear washer.

This may have shagged your wiper motor for good, it did to mine.

You maybe experiencing high condensation due to

1) circulating internal air, you need external air so that it carries the moisture away (lowers the humididty level)

2) the leaking water within the car will evaporate and then condense on the windows cuasing lots of condensation on the windows

You should be covered on a warrenty for rear wiper motor ticking and not working, while they fix this they will fix the hose back on correctly..hopefully

then just rememeber to turn off the internal air only thing and with some of the "old wives tales" you should be sorted

Re: FAO: GM

Nicola,

The rear wash wipe on Bravos (Fiats in general I suspect) is rubbish. I have had four fail on me, but they can be gotten from breakers for about a tenner. If memory serves me well, a Tipo motor will fit too.

If it's "ticking" disconnect it as it'll burn out within about 15 mins or so. If your car is under warranty, take it back to the dealership and make them replace it. If not, some auto electricians will attempt to free it for you (£25ish), but they are notoriouslt fragile for some reason.

Good Luck.

washing up liqiud for bikers

Half a raw potatoe works as well, take it from an old biker:)