Back To The Future Part III

Currently reading:
Back To The Future Part III

Do ya know what really bugs me about this film?

Well the first two films work with minimal problems but the third is complete tosh by the fact the DeLorean is ker-knackered when he rips the fuel line and all the petrol leaks out, and marty is stuck in 1885.

If you think about it in 1885 there are 2 Deloreans, the buggered one in the cave with fooked time circuits that the doc went back in, and the one marty went back in. Why not make one good one out of the 2 cars?

Now some of you will argue its the same car and this cannot be done. Infact it is but because of time travel there are 2 versions of it, and they should have been able to use parts from one for the other etc.

What about the parodox theory the doc bangs on about? The one where if the young jennifer meets the old jennifer they would either create a parodx destroying the universe, or they faint? Could this be applied to the cars, or indeed parts of the cars meeting and causing a paradox?- again Tosh as his theory is disproved indeed Part II as old Jennifer meets young Jennifer and they faint, which proves it could work, but is disproved by young biff and old biff later on in the film when they meet to exchange the Grays Sports Almanac.

Very poor thinking indeed from the writers but again, it would have made a really **** film if thats all they did, make one delorean run out of 2. In that respect it is a good film, plenty of story and action.... BUT IT STILL BUGS ME THEY DONT THINK OF THIS!!!

Feel free to question my theory and ideas. I had plenty of time on my hands to think about this with a mate when we were in uni.

Yeah interesting theory, I love the BTTF films, have you got the DVD? Commentary on it tells you that they were going to build the time machine in a fridge!! LOL

A bit of dramatic licence was needed to stretch the third one but as with the majority of films it's best to suspend belief and just enjoy it.

Liam

I think all 3 are fab films n they shouldn't b analysed too much cos they all have kinda slips like the 2 cars one so - yup - think it would ruin film if they did think of using other delorian to glean parts off :)

wimmy said:
Part II and III were a real let down. 1st one was by far the best and they should have just left it there.

But it's a trilogy :D

Definitely the plots are full of holes, but that doesn't matter, its all fantasy, and very entertaining (y)

I think all three were appaullingly bad films, however they are supposed to be light hearted and not taken too seriously, which is a good excuse for thinking the plots though fully. Were they supposed to be serious, this could happen, type of films, they would have to plan better to avoid such conflicts.

You see many similar errors in Red Dwarf, but again it's comedy, so who cares, the difference being that Red Dwarf is good.

have a look on bttf.com.. there are loads of interviews and theorys on there which explain the one you say. the answers are from the writers of the films.

the bttf trilodgy is probably one of my top series of films ever. tbh... the 3rd is my fave as i love the wild west. but i think the 1st is probably the best, story wise.

Back