Back Box fell off................

Currently reading:
Back Box fell off................

K

Karl

Ok so as the title suggests...Snapped clean of where the pipe meets the back box do you think i could weld this back on i just dont have the funds for a HGT system

Was driving through city centre just been to the gym and was dress in a shirt tie and trousers from work... Thought to myself the car is sounding a little louder than norm all of a sudden heard a bang and the rear o/s lifted and dropped... this was obviously where the back box had dug in and attemped to give me an *** lift...

Pulled over and it was raining right next to a Park n Ride stop so a bus load of folk saty starring at me sliding under the car and eventually coming out with a back box in hand...

Looked a right twonk but it sounds quite well lol

P010810_075601.jpg

Had this happen to my marea, if there is any metal thats not rotten left then welder it right up but with some braces to strengthen it. if not it'll be costly, may even be cheaper to have a stainless one made up!

sig20.jpg

carl ive got a 155 back box mate, which can be welded back on , if you come wigan, ill sort it for ya, (really small fee of some flux core weldin wire) lol

Sounds like a plan..... not sure if my back box is ok to weld on... my bro has a welder but we need some rods so was thinking of havin a crack myself but no mask either....

Payday next Tues so may pay you a visit somepoint next week

[email protected]