General Attempted theft.

Currently reading:
General Attempted theft.

Autotrail Arapaho

Hello everyone,
Hoping someone can offer some advice.
Someone attempted to steal my 2006 fiat ducato 2.8 jtd motorhome.
They have busted the drivers door lock and removed the immobiliser module from under the steering plastics.
The ignition barrel appears to be ok.
I have located another immobiliser module from a breakers yard and plugged it in but the van still wont start, it's just turning over.
Does anyone know if re- programming is required or how to solve the problem.
Would really appreciate ant advice as the van is still vulnerable as I cant start it to move it.
Thanks in advance

Your key codes will have been entered into the missing code receiver. As a minimum you will require the new code receiver reprogramming with the codes for your keys.

The Fiat description of the system is understandably vague, but a separate rolling code is used between the ECU and the code receiver. On starting the ECU sends this code to the code receiver which returns it to the ECU, when the key has been recognised. Fuel injection and hence engine starting may then take place.

Be warned it is possible to read the key codes from the missing code receiver. Consider the implications.

When buying used items it seems to be practice to purchase, a complete set of key, ignition lock, code receiver, and ECU. That leaves the problem of the cab door locks.

I am wondering as to whether the target was your vehicle, or just the code receiver as a replacement part.

Unfortunately I think that you need the services of a vehicle locksmith. As the problem was caused by attempted theft, it will be necessary to involve you insurer.

An alternative approach is to fit a "plug and play" ECU, as advertised on Ebay, but again there are insurance implications.

If you are fortunate enough to have a key code card for the vehicle. Then you can start the vehicle via the emergency procedure. If no card the you should be able to obtain the code from Fiat, but do expect to supply reasonable proof of ownership, and your ID.

Attached is some background info that I collated about a year ago, when I was having key code failures (padlock symbol).

To help others please update this thread with your progress.

Attachments

• Fiat Key Code Description.pdf
    98.2 KB · Views: 48
Back