Technical Asr , check engine , hill holder ,

Currently reading:
Technical Asr , check engine , hill holder ,

VictorMcdaid

Just signed up after the last few days of hell searching forums for solutions !! As stated above have these 3 problems , also some times when I go to start it , it goes into limp mode but other times it dosent when it’s driving does not miss a beat And the warning lights are not there only the check engine , it also struggles between 1800 and 2000 rpm When accelerating since these problems started happening last week , changed spark plugs and coil packs yesterday , codes still there auto electrician has it now so hopefully hear something soon!
Seen lots of people with similar problems but never a solution ,
Any reply’s or suggestions are appreciated ?
Battery’s fine , alternator also ,

I had a similar problem with one of our T-Jets- took me ages to find the issue. Kept going into limp mode with lots of warnings. Turned out to be the throttle position sensor. New accelerator pedal (with built in sensor )fixed the problem for not a lot.

All has been checked still haven’t got it back , hopefully by Wednesday really good wee car only 65000 on it , would shame to be going to the scrapyard , just got the wheels done as well ??

Done 12000 miles in 2 years so got it at 40k+ done timing belt all spark plugs and coil packs when I got the car , the car is now running after leaving for 2 days no fault codes , my mechanic is confused but I have it back thanks for reply’s people , still feel like it could happen at anytime

Back to square one , after my 15 mile journey to work , ASR hill holder and check engine light back on ??

Having similar problems with my car it is not running the recirculating valve properly either, seems to be a common fault, have you notice the recirc valve not working possibly your engine light? Maybe I can hear it because I’ve a cone filter on mine you get that stustustustu turbo noise.

Back to square one , after my 15 mile journey to work , ASR hill holder and check engine light back on ??

As mentioned above, it took me literally years to fix our T Jet with similar issues.
New battery- Not fixed.
New brake light switch- not fixed.
New battery earth lead- not fixed.
New throttle pedal position sensor- fixed.:)
I still had occasional ASR failure and a steering warning light- this was the torque position sensor in the electric steering motor- had to fit a new electric motor to fix this. FINALLY no warning lights now!

Back