Technical Arghhh Cat C write off... VIC test?

Currently reading:
Technical Arghhh Cat C write off... VIC test?

Hi guys, last week some idiot decided to pull out on me and i swerved and hit he's car.
damage was a bent wing, scuff to the alloys and minor scratch on the bumper...

The insurance has deemed it a Cat C write off which is beyond me and given me £1050 and the car back as well....

They said i need a new m.o.t and VIC test, what do they check on the VIC test? is it the whole car or just what was damaged to the car in the accident?

Many thanks guys in advance, Aaron.

The VIC test stands for Vehicle Identity Check and its main purpose is to check that the vehicle is what it says it is - that it matches the registration document. There is a certain standard of roadworthiness needed - it will fail if there is anything classed as 'dangerous'. If you get it MOT'd first and it passes that then there should be no issue.

Just as a note, you will receive a new registration document when you pass the VIC test which will say on it that the car was a CAT C and has been repaired, with the date it passed the VIC on it.

Hope this helps

Matt

The VIC test stands for Vehicle Identity Check and its main purpose is to check that the vehicle is what it says it is - that it matches the registration document. There is a certain standard of roadworthiness needed - it will fail if there is anything classed as 'dangerous'. If you get it MOT'd first and it passes that then there should be no issue.

Just as a note, you will receive a new registration document when you pass the VIC test which will say on it that the car was a CAT C and has been repaired, with the date it passed the VIC on it.

Hope this helps

Matt

Thanks for the reply mate! Will it fail the VID check for things like poor breaks or emissions? Thanks :)

Thanks for the replies guys, im arguing with them to get it a cat D, all it needs is a new wing, and they quoted the insurance £1250?! Joke really, ill put a picture up of the damage, its the drivers side wing. One of the alloys could do with a refurbish but its not to bad!

it wasn't my fault, someone pulled out on me and i swerved and hit em! :(

Attachments

• 562865_10152692792160221_1803182375_n.jpg
    562865_10152692792160221_1803182375_n.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 31
If it passes the MOT then it wouldn't fail on brakes or emissions even if they did test them.

all it needs is a new wing, and they quoted the insurance £1250?! Joke really(

Not really. You priced up a genuine wing, paint, labour and blowing in the bumper, bonnet and door?

No top of that the cost of you having a courtesy car?

Back OT though, you claiming directly through the 3rd parties insurance :confused:

Back