Currently reading:
Are you a Dog or a Cat person?

Are you a Dog or a Cat person?

• Dog

Votes: 54 54.5%
  • Cat

Votes: 45 45.5%

• Total voters
more of a dog person now.. had a cat few years ago, but she got killed.:( now i got a dog last July.. (7 month old female pedigree golden lab).. love her to bits.:)

Have you thought that Bandit may have eaten Sammy? :eek:
Also, is that a baby near Bandit? I`d be very careful about leaving a dog like that near a child....:mad:

If i was that worried about Bandit being near my daughter, then i wouldnt have kept him when i found out i was having her.
Any dog can be dangerous around people, its not just their breed or size etc that you have to be worried about. Its also how they have been treated. Many families with children have pets, there is always a risk of the pet hurting the kids but in my opinion, Its very rare. Considering how many dogs there are in the country and other family pets, I think you can safely say Its pretty rare for a dog to attack a child.

I was also told staffies make one of the best dogs around kids as they look after and protect them. Bandit is one of the most stupidest and softest dogs ive ever known. He is definately a womans dog and would NEVER make any kind of guard dog at all. Ive watched carefully when jayde has been around bandit, climbing on him etc and Bandit doesnt even flinch. My daughter still gets told off for pestering Bandit though as in my opinion, any dog (like any person) will only take so much ear pulling and eye poking before they let you know they have had enough.

Sammy isnt with any neighbours, ive allready checked! I posted a few pics of her about but didnt hear anything back. My guess is she had enough of Bandit and did a runner when she had the chance lol! She was a beautiful looking cat and i reckon someone has taken her in. she looked a lot younger than what she was. Not much you can do when a cat goes missing and she wasnt tagged so not much chance of getting her back.

If i was that worried about Bandit being near my daughter, then i wouldnt have kept him when i found out i was having her.
Any dog can be dangerous around people, its not just their breed or size etc that you have to be worried about. Its also how they have been treated. Many families with children have pets, there is always a risk of the pet hurting the kids but in my opinion, Its very rare. Considering how many dogs there are in the country and other family pets, I think you can safely say Its pretty rare for a dog to attack a child.

I was also told staffies make one of the best dogs around kids as they look after and protect them. Bandit is one of the most stupidest and softest dogs ive ever known. He is definately a womans dog and would NEVER make any kind of guard dog at all. Ive watched carefully when jayde has been around bandit, climbing on him etc and Bandit doesnt even flinch. My daughter still gets told off for pestering Bandit though as in my opinion, any dog (like any person) will only take so much ear pulling and eye poking before they let you know they have had enough.

Sammy isnt with any neighbours, ive allready checked! I posted a few pics of her about but didnt hear anything back. My guess is she had enough of Bandit and did a runner when she had the chance lol! She was a beautiful looking cat and i reckon someone has taken her in. she looked a lot younger than what she was. Not much you can do when a cat goes missing and she wasnt tagged so not much chance of getting her back.

I think the pic of your Doggy and Daughter is luvly:)

101_0038.jpg

Cats are the way forward :) lol with a cat all you do is feed it in morn and let it out before you go work come home from work let it in and feed it :) then they just play or sleep easy :p wi a dog, same wi feeding, but you have to walk it every day twice a day :(

but i own a black labradore, so i cant have a cat :(

I used to hate cats but in the last house I lived in the cats from next door came in every time I opend the door or window. Started with one then she bought a friend and a few weeks later a 3rd one showed up. We have moved now (not to get away) and adopted a cat of our own. We tried to adopt a dog too but the cat was having none of it.

Some of the collection.

Attachments

• IMG_4509.JPG
    IMG_4509.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010218.JPG
    P1010218.JPG
    395.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4510.JPG
    IMG_4510.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 16

I know our cats could never be arsed to do this - they lack pulling power to open the fridge too.

It'd be the first thing Id teach a puppy to do once the standard stuff like sit etc. is drilled in :). 'Beer Me' would be a massive convenience if you had people over.

Id mean youde either have to teach the dog to recognise bottles or the same brand of beer cans, which would be irritating.

or just the shape... but then i guess it would be very irritating when he walks in wagging hes tail with a can of baked beans (n)

dunno a can of beans at the right time might be nice(y), besides i don't keep cans of beans in the fridge... and a bean can is different to a beer can, the training continues :slayer:

don't get me wrong cats are nice, and there's few animals with fur as soft and domesticated such as cats but dogs are greater pets as they respond more to you. you can wrestle with my dog and the most you'll get is a clobber with his paw, or if he accidently bites you as soon as he feels flesh he stops. he'll just as easily fall asleep on the end of my bed if i decide to have a lie as run for miles when i take him out for a long walk, he also gives me excuses to go places. i love taking him to the beach, the breeze off the water, sound of the waves are appreciated in mornings and along with the running/walking really wake you up(y)

im definatley a cat person we have 3 cats and they are all very different and very cool

First we have James 12 yrs Moggie
his interests include sleeping and eating he was born a grumpy old man

Then Breezer 7 yrs Bengal
He likes to open doors, go Wow alot, and has also tought himself to use the toilet so i have to get in line behind him in the morning now.

And finally Spot 6 months Moggie
Spot loves to play and when he grows up he wants to do everything Breezer does!!!!

Back