Technical are these worth it?

Currently reading:
Technical are these worth it?

The front shocks/ springs can be adjusted to give a low or high ride, its the rears i think that cant. but do wonder at what height this is set as its the spring that governs the ride height. I have heard of someone using these and is happy with them.

The front can be adjusted to lower the ride of the car as well as you can put the spring under greater load making the suspension stiffer as well as the rebound characteristics. This helps when driving on a track as you will have greater scope for adjustability on each corner of the car. The back suspension of the Barchetta is a swing arm design so the spring and dampener are not as one unit like the front but attach to the swing arm independently. Because of this the ride height is fixed and cant be changed but you can adjust the dampener to stiffen up the rear suspension.

I have the Koni adjustable dampeners and spring kit on my B and that lets me adjust the stiffness of the suspension but I cant change the ride hight.

Hope this helps
Doc

FYI If you fit these don't forget to get the upgraded ARB kit to make the most of the new suspension.

Last edited:
Doc, i have a question for you, I,m contemplating on taking my B lower than it is now, I remember when first looking for a B, driving one that was sitting low felt very unstable and was tramlining around bumps and corners. It was running 17" rims and low profile tyres.

The Turbo B aka (the wild thing) was using novitecs springs which are 50mm lower and felt fine but was running on 15"s and more rubber.

i,m happy with the Bilstiens and the eibach springs as far as handling is concerned. The ARB kit helps with cornering and the ride is firm and not to hard. the odd small pot hole is compensated and speed humps are well handaled. The B feels smooth on the highway and is not two bouncy. I presently have my rear bushes that a knakered so hear the odd knock on the back, but will have that sorted soon.

My problem.., well. dislike is that i would like to see the wheels feel the arch, and so would need to lower her more.

I have seen two spring kits offering lower rates, one being Novitec which is 50mm front and 35mm rear. or Spax do proggresive rate springs with a drop of 55mm.

I still have 2/3 fingers between the arch and tyre , so could go the whole 55mm. but what do you feel would happen with the ride quality, will i improove or lessen and to what extent. :( I know the looks will be alsome though:devil:

Have you ever taken yrs down to a very low ride height, and how did the B feel.

Last edited:
you are talking about upgrading the existing kit under the car no? I was thinking of getting some new ones made at some point..

The rears can be adjusted in height, they can on the Punto's anyway so I don't see why the Barchetta would be any different. The bottom cup is simply threaded, the spring seats as normal and you screw the washers up/down to compress/decompress the spring.

Spend the extra money and buy silverlines, they're stainless and don't corrode.

Highsports/konigsports corrode quickly (I've had all of them, I should know).

The rears can be adjusted in height, they can on the Punto's anyway so I don't see why the Barchetta would be any different. The bottom cup is simply threaded, the spring seats as normal and you screw the washers up/down to compress/decompress the spring.

Spend the extra money and buy silverlines, they're stainless and don't corrode.

Highsports/konigsports corrode quickly (I've had all of them, I should know).

Sorry I dont get it? What screw are you talking about m8?

Attachments

• IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 21
You see the bottom seat for the spring?

That is replaced with the FK seat which is threaded.

I get you, so you get a replacement lower spring mount that can be raised and lowered off the swingarm, thus changing the cars ride height. (y) Cool I want that kit even more now hehehe

Yeah, you can see the lower mounts in the original link picture mate.

FKFI20_bn.jpg

Back