Anyone with electrical experience?

Currently reading:
Anyone with electrical experience?

steviem18

I have a sei sporting with the official remote central locking system fitted into it! As u prob no the hazards don't flash with this is there any rewiring i can do to make the hazards flash when the car locks and unlocks??

is it supposed to? if not then it could be done but i wouldnt reccomend it unless you know what your doing, it could get messy.,

there is a way, but as vtec said, it gets messy and not recommended unless you know a bit about electronics.

basically use a DPST relay with the coil wired to the coil of the locking motor. this way, when the car is locked/unlocked it will trigger the relay for about half a second aswell. You want the two commons to a fused positive supply and each pole going to each indicators +ve supply. When the c/l is activated/deactivated, the relay will allow +12v to the indicators to flash them for a moment.

Ideally you also want a SPDT relay wired to a switched ignition feed so that the car doesnt flash the indictors if you lock the doors while driving. In this case, the commons of the DPST relay would be wired to the NC terminal of the SPDT relay and the common of the SPDT relay to a fused +12v supply. one end of the SPDT relays coil would be grounded and the other to a fused switch ignition feed.

bet that confused the living daylights out of him Xen its times like this people wish they paid more attention in electronics rather than carving their name into the desk with the soldering iron :D

since owning a car i have been glad i was a Swat in electronics and did it at A-Level :cool:

bet that confused the living daylights out of him Xen its times like this people wish they paid more attention in electronics rather than carving their name into the desk with the soldering iron :D

since owning a car i have been glad i was a Swat in electronics and did it at A-Level :cool:

Yeh it comes in useful doesnt it (y) was always my fave subject, been into electronics since i was a young 'un (you know, breaking things apart, frying things, several electrocutions etc lol sounds like youve probly been there too :) )

i wonder if theres a demand for boards that operate the indictors with c/l :idea:

Last edited:
I certinally would pay good money for someone to just come do this for me lol! My dads an electrition but dnt think he would appreciate that task lol! Where could i take it to get it done?

here you go its rough ive had a few beers :D but surly XEN will cast an eye over it and double check my drawing..

2250852581_488bda0d4d.jpg

full a4 size image location

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16533236@N04/2250852581/

relays:
maplin order codes..

30A SPDT Auto 12Vdc N00AW

40A SPNO (AKA DPST) Auto 12Vdc N02AW

www.maplin.co.uk

yeh that looks good. only problem is the indicators need to be switched seperatly. if there bridged together like that, then whenever the driver tries to indicate left/right, all indicators will flash. :)

edit: also your coil supply from the door lock motor only has the +ve feed connected, the other earthed. so when the car is unlocked it will work, but when its locked, the polarity switched so the line you've used as locking motor +ve feed becomes grounded and so the relay coils isnt switched :)

Last edited:
you might be right. I was just going off the old Cinqs wiring diagram which has 5 wires... two to the motor coil (powered one way to unlock and inverted polarity to lock) then theres a common for the trigger switch which bridges to either of the other two wires to verify its locked/unlocked.

and yup, diodes would work as an alternative (y)

Me and my dad are just getting stuck into this! it doesn't seem that hard actually just hard work to get ure head round! fingers crossed and ile let u no how it goes!

Back