General anyone shed any light on this attched

Currently reading:
General anyone shed any light on this attched

hi everyone i have included a pdf attched file of a scan of my ecu.

punto 2001 12 8v which is terrible to start but once started it will tick over but seems like the timing is retarded.

ive checked the injectors and ohms are ok
new plugs and checked spark
new leads and checked for spark
no water loss
no oil loss
compession test done and all 4 cylinders ok
2 new lambda sensors fitted
all relays and fuses checked
no vacum leaks around the intake manifold
fuel pump and internal filter are perfect.

only thing i can think of is could it be simply the timing belt has slipped a tooth or 2.

any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• FESLog_1301051354_FIAT PUNTO '99 1.pdf
    280.4 KB · Views: 85
yes thats my next step but will be tomorrow when its light

the file is pdf format you need to open/read it with adobe reader
im sure you prob know that though.

ok need some help now please

ive checked the timing and was about 2 teeth out so reset the timing and tripple checked it, car starts but runs for 3 to 5 seconds then dies.

start it again and again but same thing just dies

brand new plugs are black sooty as the ace of spades so obviously running too rich.

Just looked at the attached PDF and regardless of engine speed, the MAP sensor is always saying 1,036mBar, which is actually above normal air pressure (Normal air pressure is between 990 and 1010 mBar (IIRC).

I'd be looking toward the MAP sensor. Its located on the inlet manifold.

Noticed that too - no change in pressure

The pressure will fluctuate as the engine sucks more air on demand
and same when the engine retards to slow (less air to be sucked in)

So yes - its not reading correctly - and not adjusting the fuel to air mixture correctly

Since timing was done - the Crank sesnor may have been knocked or removed
check this is okay too!

Ziggy

put a new map sensor on still no change, however engine will run sweet with a trickle of easy start, so had a look at the pump and it does make the usual groan at mar and continues groaning with the easy start. on the right hand side just below the map sensor is a fuel pipe (blue) removed it and its bone dry. so would you say the pump sounds like its blocked?

thanks

Blue pipes are the Return feeds i believe back to the tank

As the pump should provide more then required fuel to the injector rail
the excess that isn't used is pushed back to the tank

So it could be a sign the fuel pump is weazing - is the tank full of fuel?

Could be a clogged filter or a dying pump if its what im possibly thinking

ziggy

thanks ziggy tank isnt full but certainly not empty i'd say about 10 to 15 quids worth in there, im gonna take the pump out tomorrow, another thing is the valve on the manifold little brass one looks like tyre valve, i pressed it in after having the engine idle for about 1 minute and again no pressure no fuel in fact im baffled how it idled to begin with.

thanks ziggy tank isnt full but certainly not empty i'd say about 10 to 15 quids worth in there, im gonna take the pump out tomorrow, another thing is the valve on the manifold little brass one looks like tyre valve, i pressed it in after having the engine idle for about 1 minute and again no pressure no fuel in fact im baffled how it idled to begin with.

That is called a Scrider valve - becareful when pressing it - as it releases the pressure in the fuel rail - so expect pressure to fly out with some petrol too!

but after 1 minute of idle the pressure should be good and high
the fact you can press it without any fuel been there - indicated a fuel delivery problem

A Dead pump / weak pump
A blocked filters
A leaky pipe
a blocked pipe

ziggy

well i cant afford a new pump and can only check/clean it and check the fuel lines so will post the results tomorrow, i'll take some pics aswell.

appreciate your help.

sorted!! turned out to be the pump, didnt need to get another one i just stripped it down couple of hours cleaning all the tubes nooks and cranies and bobs your uncle running sweet now, but (theres allways a but lol) the engine seems to be making a whine when revving coming from the belt area and it looks like the belt is on the tad tight side so do you think an over tensioned belt could cause this whirring/whining noise?

cheers for all your help
you da man.

Back