Anyone In Derbyshire that fits parts?

Currently reading:
Anyone In Derbyshire that fits parts?

jac12

Just wondering if theres anyone in Derbyshire that will fit parts if needed. I like to buy my own parts as its cheaper . Im thinking of getting some new brake discs and pads and want someone to fit them for me

Can't help with who might fit the parts for you but would just like to respectfully offer some words of caution :-

If you buy the parts yourself many mechanics/garages won't want to fit same probably for liability issues, if there is a problem/failure then the fun starts,was it the parts or was it the way they were fitted?,who is to blame, who pays for rectification? etc.,
Also unless you are quite knowledgeable about parts brands you might buy the cheapest ( might be rubbish) or you might be fobbed off by the store/motor factor with the sort of rubbish that the professional would reject.
I'm not saying that all cheap parts are rubbish just that you need to be careful, you're probably safe enough buying from the likes of GSF, Euro Car Parts,Blue Print ADL etc.,
Would you not have a go at fitting new brake discs and pads yourself?, its not a difficult job if they're front brakes, plenty of guides in books or the 'net

Al.

yes i want to fit them myself. I just want someone there in case i get it wrong lol

this job is fully detailed in the Haynes manual. its very basic stuff but given that brakes are vital on a car if youre really not confident then I would plough in £50-100 for a garage to fit them. the parts wont cost much plus the VAT.

Its got a servise soon so i will waite and see what they say. mite not need doing, but if they do, want to do it myself . yah its the piston bit i would most likely mess up lol

Back