Anyone else been bored enough to do this?

Currently reading:
Anyone else been bored enough to do this?

You must be a young'un...... my display had a farthing, halfpence, penny, threepenny bit, sixpence, shilling and a half crown. I may still have a ten-bob note and a commemorative crown somwhere too. Can't remember what it commemorated though.
Gor blimey, strike a light guv'nor. Lawks a mercy and no mistake, you must 'ave lived through the blitz.*

*Translation. I'm getting on but I'm not that bloody old. Mind you, I do have a tin box that my grandmother (who was an Eastender coincidentally) left me when she died that is full of old British coins, mainly pennies, ha'pennies and farthings, some Victorian, others Edwardian and Georgian (VI).

They're all well used so I wouldn't expect they're worth much.

they made £1 notes, you could get all wages paid in 1's a feel rich
Even better, just pull out a wad of 10 Bob notes in a bar in town on a Friday night and one of two things could happen.

1) You'd trap off.

or

2) You'd get the crap beaten out of you in the Gents. Then after the mugger realised they were all 10 Shilling notes he'd stamp on your nuts for good measure.

Ah the '70s, they were the days. Skinheads, Mods, Suedeheads, Doc Marten's, football violence.

Where did the good old days go?

Hang on, the power's just gone off and the bins haven't been emptied for 4 weeks!

i have this weird thing of making $3.50 out of monies....

Attachments

• 579277_10152730823600393_1845322764_n.jpg
    579277_10152730823600393_1845322764_n.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 34
I don't get that, sorry, but that looks like Chinese money which is Yen isn't it? So how can you make that into $3.50? I didn't think the Yen was convertable.

they made £1 notes, you could get all wages paid in 1's a feel rich

We still have one pound notes in Jersey. :D

It's actually quite a pain when you go to the bar and think you have a decent note in your pocket and pull out a pound... at least most places take cards these days lol.

We also have our own coins but that don't make a cool collective pattern like the English ones. (y)

I was quite shocked when I went to Egypt and discovered their currency was Pounds, albeit Egyptian. lol

Last edited:
Back