Technical Any suggestions welcome here

Currently reading:
Technical Any suggestions welcome here

virtual22

Why do these things always seem to happen to me? :bang:

I'll give you the abbreviated story:- Part of the air directors, the plastic things that go across to guide the air from the air vents where you want them on the centre air vent has fallen down into the pipe that expels the air.

The result is that it is now stuck somewhere below and is stopping me turning the dial to select where the air goes, basically I can have from front all the way round to wind screen and feet. It won't turn past this. I had a quick go at getting the front vents off but they are stuck in there real good. I had a look around the back as well and there does not appear to be anywhere I can easily take apart the ventilation unit so can anyone suggest anything? I did have a workshop manual on CD Rom that might have helped but cannot find it at the moment.

Why do these things always seem to happen to me? :bang:

I'll give you the abbreviated story:- Part of the air directors, the plastic things that go across to guide the air from the air vents where you want them on the centre air vent has fallen down into the pipe that expels the air.

The result is that it is now stuck somewhere below and is stopping me turning the dial to select where the air goes, basically I can have from front all the way round to wind screen and feet. It won't turn past this. I had a quick go at getting the front vents off but they are stuck in there real good. I had a look around the back as well and there does not appear to be anywhere I can easily take apart the ventilation unit so can anyone suggest anything? I did have a workshop manual on CD Rom that might have helped but cannot find it at the moment.

Hi Virtual22
I have tried to look on my cd rom for you and i think the hole pod comes away as one unit but to remove it looks like you have to remove the panels each side (were the glove boxes are) to get to the screws that hold the pod on sorry i cant be of more help.

Hi Virtual22
I have tried to look on my cd rom for you and i think the hole pod comes away as one unit but to remove it looks like you have to remove the panels each side (were the glove boxes are) to get to the screws that hold the pod on sorry i cant be of more help.

Thank you for your help there Kev, it does seem to confirm my worst fears :cry: Might set it aside for a few weeks when the weekends are miserable and I can dedicate some time to it.

Back