any mechanics that can help me with advice?

Currently reading:
any mechanics that can help me with advice?

silver stilo

need advice from a mechanic, or has anyone had this problem? my girlfriends car has a broke wheel bearing that happend on the m/way by the time has stoped the car i had no brakes, the peddle goes 3/4 way down. its not a fiat but a citreon xsara picasso (hoping that the fiat forum techs will help me) but the wheel bearings & brakes would be quite similiar, i took off the wheel & the brake pads arent touchin the brake disc because the disc is wobbling because the wheel bearing has broke. when the bearing is replaced will the pads line up properly with the disc & work or is there more damage? is the master cylinder broke? please help me if poss

Bit confused by what you are saying really.

Wheel bearings dont just "go". They will do hundreds of miles making a hell of a racket before finally giving up, which can be quite disastrous. The bearing assembly is essentially what is keeping the wheel attached to the car.

Not quite sure how the brakes could not be working. You say the disk is wobbling (because of the bearing) but it will still sit between the pads and when the pedal is pressed, the pads will still clamp onto the disc.

Its hard to diagnose from just a brief description. My advice would be to strip it down and the problem will most likely be quite obvious. Replace the bearing if it is faulty and then if the brakes still wont work properly, investigate further. May be a seized caliper if the pads aren't clamping the disc.

Back