Tuning Any ideas?

Currently reading:
Tuning Any ideas?

marcodal

Hello peoples, I’ve got a 1.4 8 valve Punto Evo just wondering if anyone has done much tuning/ upgrades. Engine, suspension or cosmetics open to all.
Currently at an induction kit and st suspension lowering springs which haven’t lowered it much more than 20mm and 17’’ Abarth wheels.
Hopefully the photos work 👍

Attachments

• E4BAAF74-9E98-4BFC-B5FB-F18EE1F6FF06.jpeg
    E4BAAF74-9E98-4BFC-B5FB-F18EE1F6FF06.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 39
  • 676F1E96-988C-4661-9845-0B8E1E289D88.jpeg
    676F1E96-988C-4661-9845-0B8E1E289D88.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 30
Technically there is not much you can do to increase the power of non-turbo engine. You could, but it's not worth the hassle.
But you can improve longevity of the valve train for example. Lubrication (factory one has flaws, go figure).
So the tuning here can be "optical" mostly. Valve cover paint job looks nice (paint more elements, VVT solenoid etc.).
But the air filter like that is ugly. I would rather "pimp" the original air filter box (paint + Fiat logo).
As for hot air intake, you can insulate the exhaust a bit, custom make a cover (metal sheet all around it).
You can also add some sensors, to monitor the car. Oil pressure, intake vacuum, temperatures etc.
Higher level stuff is monitoring the thermostat position (open/close) or clutch operation.

Last edited:
What’s the open pipe to the upper left of the air filter, if that’s a vacuum hose then that will cause the engines issues, if it’s the crank case breather pcv system then you’re venting the crank case fumes which is mainly oil, all over the interior of the engine bay.

I think you need to look at getting a much better designed induction set up, or go back to the original.

Only about an 1/8th of the air going through that filter will be coming from your cold air pipe the other 7/8ths will be warm dirty air from around the engine.

As others have said, there is not a lot you can do for the performance, it is largely restricted by the design of the engine, and the only way to get more power would mean opening up the engine and your wallet to big bills

Back