antiperforation warrenty

Currently reading:
antiperforation warrenty

taffyjock

Appologies if this is posted incorrectly.

I have a T reg Punto SX85 which when recenty independantly inspected i was told that there was a lot of rust underneath escpecially for the year.

So i rang Fiat UK customer services and was told that it is only covered if it rusts from the inside out or untreated parts then she changed her mind and was told it is covered if i take it to a local dealer.

I could find no other information regarding the warranty so if any one could let me know of similar experiences or where to find the information i would be grateful.

If it helps the car is unmodded driven regularly and looked after well.

Thanks in advance

8 year anti-perforation warranty covers 3 pages. In brief it covers rust that starts in a cavity or bodywork not covered by top coat.

You need a full, fiat stamped service history, all damage repaired by fiat and keep the car clean, etc...

Info is in aftercare, service history book.

Dave. :)

Marea 2.0 20v
FIATcentral window sticker, silver poppy coral, titanium tax disc.
Blue gaiters, Blue sidelights, Blue interior lights, Blue lacquer on engine, feeling blue ;)
Ecotek fitted, removed and waiting for warm weather
So much to do, so little time.... and Totally Skint!! :(

It seems to me that it's a big scam!

A FIAT marketing execise. I've read it and it's full of holes (anti-perforation?) so that they can say, "oops, sorry, you didn't adhere to the conditions"

Not worth the paper it's written on.

TC.

If Any One Can Stir Up This Joint.........Emm Can!
FIAT Stilo 1.6 Sport. Pretty Much Bog Standard Really.
Err, Sill Protectors, Aluminium Foot Pedals, Eibach 30mm Drop Springs, Ambipur Air Freshener.

Back