Technical Anti roll bar Bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Anti roll bar Bushes

bigbbc

Hi

I have a Multipla 1.9 Diesel and the Anti roll bar bushes need replacing due to a knocking sound every time I go over a bump etc. I have phoned fiat and they say that they only sell the whole anti roll bar (90.56 + vat) and not the bushes on there own, can I buy the bushes separately?

Help

Thanks

B

That's great and it should save me a few pounds!

Many Thanks

b

I think the link referred to just confirms that the anti roll bar is a complete unit- I can't see any parts listed for the bushes on their own.
I and many others have had the same problem- do a forum search for antiroll bar and you'll find them. My particular solution was to remove the complete antiroll bar and slide the bushes along, pack them with Castrol Red rubber grease, and replace. That was about 6 months ago and it's still ok. (I'm sure you could do this without removing the ARB, just unbolt the clamps to the subframe and wiggle them along).

hth

Neil

Hi

Thanks for the advice and will consider this option

cheers

B

Try changing/inspecting the drop links first as these are only abt £15 and are a known fault. Another option is to slide the bushes along the bar and rap the bar with insulation tape. It is only a temporary fix and you will have to change the bar eventually.

Back