General Anti Roll Bar bushes gone?

Currently reading:
General Anti Roll Bar bushes gone?

Hi folks.
So I’ve been on holiday for a week. Take my car out for the first drive and instantly there is a rattle/clonking coming from underneath. When I brake sharpish and release there is a metal squashing/clonk sound.
So I immediately thought ARB bushes, however they didn’t look too bad so I lubed them up with silicone spray which reduced the noise a small bit.
Still not convinced I took a photo, what do you think? Do they need repalcing, is this the problem, the bar itself is not loose but can be moved slightly with a bar.
Thanks in advance
Si

Attachments

• 50C681FE-0E7B-4DEA-B1EC-F3AAA1AC7D24.jpeg
    50C681FE-0E7B-4DEA-B1EC-F3AAA1AC7D24.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 106
  • DF8FB159-BFE6-4631-92BC-C965E504DFB5.jpeg
    DF8FB159-BFE6-4631-92BC-C965E504DFB5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 80
Hey, thanks for the reply.
Yes that’s what I was thinking, the car was in recently for some work and I asked them to change the bushes at the same time. Mechanic rang and said they were ok and didn’t need doing so I’m still stumped. All the suspension was checked and they said it’s fine, bushes must just be noisy when the temp drops and the rubber hardens who knows....

I've had some squeaks when going over speed bump .. turned out it was from the shock dust cover where it slides on the shock rod.
Replaced all the dust covers.. was ok for about 1 year... started squeaking again....then i just zip-tied the dust cover to the shock body.. no more squeak.

Back