General Front anti-roll bar bushes replacement?

Currently reading:
General Front anti-roll bar bushes replacement?

bsks

Hello guys. I have a 09 1.4 90 hp bravo, and when driving over bad roads there is a thumping noise coming from the front right side. I had both front shocks, ARB links and ball joints replaced soon. The control arm bushes visually look fine, the anti roll bar bushes look cracked but there is no play in the bar. Im guessing that they are the culprit of the noise and am looking at replacing them.
Does anyone know the diameter of the bushes i should source. Also is it easy to DIY?
Do i unbolt the bar and remove it or other parts have to be removed too? Thanks in advance.

Hey, I've ordered Powerflex 19mm for mine 110kw 2007 and they fit right in. You just need to remove the bolts and pry open the clamp, it's pretty tight in there (thought it was welded). What I did was keep one bolt in to keep the clamp from running away, then switch sides and it's done. Putting it back together is a bit tricky as everything moves but patience is a virtue.

Hey, im having to deal with the same thing, are the powerflex bushes with a cut on one side so you can just slide them on? I can't tell from the pictures on the website. Same goes for the clamp, tried to pry it open but it was so tight on it just wouldn't move.

Yeah the bushes are cut on one side. The clamp is quite tight, you have to put screwdriver right in between and hit it it with a hammer.

Back