General Another load of miles in my stilo.

Currently reading:
General Another load of miles in my stilo.

went from sunny South Wales to Minehead North Devon and Back, 495 miles al told, in my 3dr jtd stilo. yet again, car didnt miss a beat. no warning lights on, no springs breaking or anything. i must be one of the lucky ones. saying that it does get serviced and maintained by myself as im a fiat trained tech. car has now turned 81k on an 03 plate. and it stil goes like stink. it was an easy run for it this time as usually when i do that sort of milage im towing just over a tonne!! i spotted one New orleans blue stilo 3dr on a 56 plate it looked like a 150 but i wasnt certain on the m5. as i was going at a rate of Knotts as i wanted to get home. did anyone spot me? heres my drive.

Attachments

• DSCF0006 (320 x 240).jpg
    DSCF0006 (320 x 240).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 27
Great news. Mine has just had the drop-links changed but apart from that she's tip top. As you are a Fiat trained tech tell me this, if you were working on a customers car and you lost his wheel lock nut what can be done?

This happened to me yesterday and I'm stranded!

Nice car too

when i had the car just over a year ago i bought it as an mot fail. discs and pads front,pads rear tyres and droplinks. 25k later stil no clonking from the droplinks.

when i had the car just over a year ago i bought it as an mot fail. discs and pads front,pads rear tyres and droplinks. 25k later stil no clonking from the droplinks.

Interesting you mention drop-links clonking. Some of the guys in stilo section were surprised that they changed them when mine was knocking (not under load) but it has worked.

well i done alton towers on the friday (320 round trip) then 540 miles on a full tank on the saturday, and that was booting it a bit on my private racetrack i call 'The Motor-way' then obviously being a bit sensible as i passed bristol with the light on and 60 miles on the display.

900 miles in 24 hours

the car was absolutely beautiful, gave a lot of people a run for their money :p

Funny you should mention that Ozmosis, i was at Alton Towers about 2 weeks ago.

Having filled the tank right to the brim before setting off for the 220 mile round trip, i reset the trip computer to see how much i would get out of a tank of lovely diesel.

Alton Towers there and back - 220 miles.
Work and Back (for 3 days) - 60 miles (combined).
York and Back (on Saturday) - 50 miles.
York and Back (on Sunday) - 50 miles.
Work and Back (for 5 days) - 100 miles.
Castleford and back (xscape)- 40 miles
WITH A TOTAL OF 520 MILES!!!!

Tank started to bleep empty on the trip home from work on friday, OH NO!!!!,
range still estimated at nearly 100 miles. How far can i go, decided to take a trip upto meadowhall, about 60 miles round trip from where i live, guess what, made it there and back and range was still at 60 miles lol.

TOTAL MILES TRAVELLED ON 1 TANK:- 580 MILES (y)

How i love my car, not seeing a service station for nearly 2 weeks, and doing over 500 miles to a tank.

Back