Another alfaowner.com scandal

Currently reading:
Another alfaowner.com scandal

imported_puntomatt

Prominent member
Site is down for 2 days for maintainance, comes back up and there's now extortionate memberships for things you don't need. What pisses me off it that now I can't even have a sig without forking over at least £15 (animated avatars are not allowed either) - do they think all Alfa owners **** money???

****, I'm not contributing to that site anymore - use and abuse all the way methinks.

:lol: I cant wait to see you at Italia day with all the other Alfa owners (its Alfa Scot who organize Italia Day IIRC). Feel free to have animated avators and signatures here at fiat scotland - we operate on a donation basis and wouldnt dream of forcing our members to pay for membership

SL02RXK said:
:lol: I cant wait to see you at Italia day with all the other Alfa owners (its Alfa Scot who organize Italia Day IIRC). Feel free to have animated avators and signatures here at fiat scotland - we operate on a donation basis and wouldnt dream of forcing our members to pay for membership

hear hear!!

(I'm too much of a lout to be associated with them I think :lol: )

OMFG, i can't believe they want you to pay for the General chat section!!

I don't have an alfa yet so i have no intention of paying.

I only ever really use the tech section for 156's, all the general chat is a waste of time, trying to get their posts up with such threads as:

"what time did you get up this morning?"
"what was the last drink you had?"
"let's get Murray Walker a knighthood"

...who fooking cares!!!

I'm all for subscription (BOO is £5 year) but I feel £25/£15 is pushing it way too far considering it's us who supply people with the answers they need and vice versa. Considering the amount of members AROC has they could theoretically bring in thousands of pounds of revenue, I wonder who's actually getting this money?

At the end of the day I'm not against helping pay for bandwidth/space and a few bob on top for whoever runs the site but this is more like extortion - I can live without it.

Just had a look in the forum and it looks like full scale war in there, the annoying thing is the "members" are acting like children and totally disregarding the rules they've created - muppets :evil:

People take stuff that happens in an online forum way too seriously. What happens on the forum - stays on the forum... a bit like that 1999 movie staring Tom Hanks as a prison guard..... :lol:

SL02RXK said:
People take stuff that happens in an online forum way too seriously. What happens on the forum - stays on the forum... a bit like that 1999 movie staring Tom Hanks as a prison guard..... :lol:

Saving Private Ryan???

Only kidding :lol:

Back