Technical Annoying noise

Currently reading:
Technical Annoying noise

vdd92

Hello.. I recently change from discs and pads and front shocks.. all was well until i started to hear a screeching noise when turning right I doubled check everything and it all seems good. The noise seems to come from front left side. Any further help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hello.. I recently change from discs and pads and front shocks.. all was well until i started to hear a screeching noise when turning right I doubled check everything and it all seems good. The noise seems to come from front left side. Any further help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi :)

Is this at full lock..or just 'right of centre'?

Tip:
Gently rest your foot on the Brake pedal.. does the noise stop ?

We had that on our 169 panda..would do it once warm..10 miles into a journey

Our 1986 141A did it when turning right of centre

Its the pads not retracting due to 'sticktion'.. and beig 'flicked' on each disc sweep
applying a little pedal pressure takes up the slack..so noise stops momentarily

Likely the pads a bit tight..or sticky. in the mounts..but could be the calipter not floating freely

Do let us know what you find :)

Last edited:
This often happens if the sliding surfaces on the reaction frames are not lubricated before reassembling.

It's much less likely that the caliper is not floating freely. The pin on which it floats is both well lubricated and protected by a rubber grommet.

Last edited:
Hi :)

Is this at full lock..or just 'right of centre'?

Tip:
Gently rest your foot on the Brake pedal.. does the noise stop ?

We had that on our 169 panda..would do it once warm..10 miles into a journey

Our 1986 141A did it when turning right of centre

Its the pads not retracting due to 'sticktion'.. and beig 'flicked' on each disc sweep
applying a little pedal pressure takes up the slack..so noise stops momentarily

Likely the pads a bit tight..or sticky. in the mounts..but could be the calipter not floating freely

Do let us know what you find :)
Hello

Thank you so much for the reply is happens both in full lock and right of centre. I have looked at the brakes disk and found a small indentation from the caliper so had a look and found nothing. I recently had discs and pads replaced and for the first 2 month all normal. I will definitely try what you suggested and report back. I hoping its nothing serious as the car is not worth the money im putting in for repairs.

Thank you

Back