Amp front speakers

Currently reading:
Amp front speakers

Sam wat amp do you have? Or do you have one?

I have amped my front components and they sound amazing much better than standard sound from the headunit and i can also play around with what frequencies they receive aswell which is also an added bonus from amping them up...

Are you powering a sub with that aswell?

I think personally its to low power for your speakers as your speakers can handle 100watt RMS power and this is only gunna give 65 watts to each speaker and even less if you connect a sub up :/

So basically your speakers will sound better than standard headunit power but they are being way under powered and aren't reaching there full potential and with a better amp they will sound even more amazing trust me :)

Is the sub being powered by the same amp then or have you got two amps?

No it will be more than headunit power which is why they will sound alot better and you also get to change what frequencies they receive. But as i said they are only gunna be roughly playing at half their potential.

sub is powered by amp mate.

guy at sourcesound has said I may be looking into around £100 to fit depending how easy he can get the wiring through the door etc, and whether the door will need to be removed.

He also stated that I may not notice much of a difference due to only being an average listener ..hmmm

You are not an Average listener. Have you explained to him that you have sat in Nige's car with the Dyn Audios?
You have heard what is very probably the best car in the country and very high in Europe.
There arent that many people who have had the privilege.

It will 100% be worth it and the 65w from a DLS amp will be worth a million times more power from the average amp.

You already have the speakers in so what do you really need to do? Run an RCA and some speaker cables? You can do that surely?

Also i dont think people realise here that the CA3 amp is a 3 channel so one for sub and 2 for components.

Youre right i never thought of that.

I was going to do it myself but the guy said the fitting cost would come from wiring through the door? Also..existing sound deadening does get in the way and dont fancy refitting as they did do a good job.

Have you any idea how to wire it on a grande punto? If it seems okay il have a try

Edit: how did that guy get the BMW sounding so good...just pure investmebt or knowledge of sound etc...or both?

Edit 2: do you have any idea if new wiring could fit where the existing wires are.

Last edited:
This may be helpful.
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.php/topic/281750-how-to-wiring-door-comp-cables/

Nige knows a hell of a Lot, he has been doing it for a long time. The preperation and expense has been immense.
The speakers have changed since the linked thread and a lot of the pictures arent working for me but here is the build thread.
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/inde...uk-m-sport-install/page__hl__ dls bmw__st__0
He has left DLS now and using Dynaudios which are way out of anybodies budget lol.

sam did u do manage to do this in the end i slowly getting my parts and trying to do the wires threw the door any idears on best way

not attempted yet mate due to holiday in the next fortnight, will be attempting afterwards though. I did search on google though and apparently the grande punto existing wiring channels are not big enough for different cables...although I dont know how true this is.

if you attempt this before me, please let me know

Another way is to get some of the spare pins from a scrapper and insert them into a spare slot with the speaker wires soldered to them. That way is better if space is tight.

Back